Ask A Sunderland Student!

Watch this thread
ManicGoblin
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thinking of heading to the university of Sunderland and have a few questions? I'm happy to help!
I'm heading into 3rd year Animation and Games Art plus a foundation year means I have 4yrs under my belt come September.

If I can't answer your question then I'll ask someone who can!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ManicGoblin)
Thinking of heading to the university of Sunderland and have a few questions? I'm happy to help!
I'm heading into 3rd year Animation and Games Art plus a foundation year means I have 4yrs under my belt come September.

This is a lovely thread, thank you. I've moved it into the university of sunderland forum.

To get the ball rolling... what is the best thing and the worst thing about studying in Sunderland?
ManicGoblin
Rep:
Thank you for moving it! I had no idea where to put it.
I just thought it might help any new or returning students settle on a university a little bit better.

So, the best thing I would say (and if I could only pick one!) is definitely the lecturers, although I might be a bit biased. My lecturers are Chris McQuillan, Ros Allen, Nick Lewis, Neil Ewins and Mark Rogerson. They are five of the most patient, helpful people I've ever come across in my education. All the university lecturers I've met so far have been lovely and happy to help even if they don't teach your subject. Never be afraid to ask for help.

The worst thing I'd say is the choice of accommodation, they're all quite far away from the campuses and I ended up moving to private housing because of it. The university has done it's best to combat this with a free bus system available to students but sometimes you don't want to be trudging to the bus stop in a gale and pouring rain.

I hope this helped!
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago

Hello,
How’s the fine art course in uni of sunderland?
ManicGoblin
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,
How’s the fine art course in uni of sunderland?
Hey there! I’m not on the fine art course personally but we share a lot of the same lecturers I believe. You’ll deal with a lot of mixed media and the main focus will be on traditional art (drawn/painted by hand as opposed to digital) if you have a more specific question about the fine art course I’m sure I can get a better answer for you if that’s ok?
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Thanks for sharing your insight
ManicGoblin
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by UniversityOfSunderland)
Thanks for sharing your insight
It's my pleasure
MHnursestudent22
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, how is the undergrad mental health nursing course?
ManicGoblin
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by MHnursestudent22)
I’d have to ask a current student on this course! I will post the response in here as soon as I get one!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Not good. Poorly managed and organised, lecturers do not communicate. Other universities are better for it, it hasn’t been offered for long at Sunderland. The accommodations etc at Sunderland are awful too, my accommodation is disgusting and being homeless was honestly better. I’d avoid
MHnursestudent22
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not good. Poorly managed and organised, lecturers do not communicate. Other universities are better for it, it hasn’t been offered for long at Sunderland. The accommodations etc at Sunderland are awful too, my accommodation is disgusting and being homeless was honestly better. I’d avoid
oh dear! ive just accepted my place aswell 😬
ManicGoblin
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your honest opinion, I’m sorry I took too long getting the answer off a mental health nurse
ManicGoblin
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
oh dear! ive just accepted my place aswell 😬
You can always offer it back up again to my knowledge! If you think Sunderland isn’t for you, I’d recommend looking into Northumbrias mental health nursing course. I’ve heard good things
Epicgoblin
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey there I'm wondering about taking primary education at Sunderland and wondering if it was good
ManicGoblin
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Epicgoblin)
Hey there I'm wondering about taking primary education at Sunderland and wondering if it was good
I'll have to ask a student who is studying Primary Ed however, I've heard good things and everyone I've talked to on the course seem to enjoy it. would you like me to get more in-detail info for you?
University of Sunderland Student Ambassador
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Epicgoblin)
This is my current course

I'm in 2nd year and loving it so far is there anything specific you'd like to know?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
28.26%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.7%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.7%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.43%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.13%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.35%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.17%

Watched Threads