OCR GCSE Computer Science Computer systems J277/01 - 16 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago

OCR GCSE Computer Science Computer systems J277/01 - 16 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 16th May PM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
BenjiC.
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Im really struggling to revise, I revised religiously for mocks but this time nothing is working and Im starting to panic this is one of my weak subjects since Im a year behind the rest of my class as I moved schools and this school started the course a year earlier. I need advice on the best ways to revise and areas to focus on
Teeg_22
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BenjiC.)
Im really struggling to revise, I revised religiously for mocks but this time nothing is working and Im starting to panic this is one of my weak subjects since Im a year behind the rest of my class as I moved schools and this school started the course a year earlier. I need advice on the best ways to revise and areas to focus on
Funny enough I've come on here to see how everyone else is revising to try out new techniques ahaha
Genuinely I struggle a lot more in the theory side than I do on the computing side so I have to revise a lot harder for paper 1.

Here are what I'm doing atm:
- Post it notes on parts you struggle most with dotted around the house (or your bedroom if they cant be in the house), in specific places that u often go or look (a visual technique)

then for the rest of the information:
- USE CRAIG 'N' DAVE VIDEOS! I swear they cover the whole curriculum - but there are quite a few vids
- what i recommend is opening the GCSE specification for your exam board, https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/558027...ience-j277.pdf that's the one I use (Which is OCR) and seeing what the exam board expect you to be able to do, then making flashcards or mind maps (A3) based on that, then use class resources, textbooks and them videos to fill them in
- I'm atm making mind maps for the topics on the theory side (so like 1.1 architecture, 1.2 memory and storage etc) and there are 6 of them. I've managed to do a full page of A3 on the first two topics
- But just remember this can take A WHILE to make all the notes - even though it sounds like it wont take long ahaha

The other way I've done:
- after i couldn't be asked to write anymore I moved on to slowing down the videos, and listening to them while typing up notes onto a document

Good luck finding which way works for u! And if its any of these I'm glad i could help ahaha
Teeg_22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Are there any specific parts you struggle with?
BenjiC.
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Teeg_22)
Are there any specific parts you struggle with?
mostly unit 2 but also the way in which to structure Unit 1 answers
Teeg_22
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
mostly unit 2 but also the way in which to structure Unit 1 answers
Do You mean like unit 2 as in memory and storage? or unit two as in paper two (the programming one)?
Sxxhar__
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
hey does anyone have any exam questions on cs (ocr) other than the past papers?
izzymint
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
anyone have any advice on how to structure the 8 markers or like how to approach them . The ethics ones i mean...
simran_mx
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 23 hours ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...revision/1just read through this and in the question just think about the issues in general because theres a lot of things u can mention in literally any question. Also they always give like a scenario so link the issues back to the scenario and say why its a problem
JJ5672
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 16 hours ago
Hey guys could someone mark this and give me some feedback ?
Would really appreciate it Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  207.8 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (100)
43.1%
Not yet, but I will soon (36)
15.52%
No (96)
41.38%

Watched Threads