Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 2:19th Century Novel 1ET0 02N 8 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 2 exam go for you?
Great! (4)
30.77%
Quite well (6)
46.15%
Not so good (2)
15.38%
Terrible! (1)
7.69%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 2: 19th Century Novel 1ET0 02N - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 8th June AM
Length: 1h20

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Charli.e
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Any prediction for Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
DKRK
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi can someone give me feedback n my Paragraph for Jekyll and Hyde, thank you

Stevenson portrays the idea of duality, within this extract, through the portrayal of the inherent
qualities of good and evil within ‘Mankind’. In the final chapter of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Jekyll
justifies his intentions of creating Hyde claiming that ‘Man is not truly one, but two’. Stevenson’s use
of lexical field displays the true nature of humans as having both a good and evil side, highlighting
the duality within man. Moreover, the use of juxtaposition, between ‘one’ and ‘two’ , during Jekyll’s
dialogue, emphasis the inherent nature of contrast and duality, as it is readily found in everything:
human personality, actions, and speech, conveyed in the collective noun’ man’ . Perhaps Stevenson
is using this idea of being surrounded by things that convey duality, to contest the double dual
standards and expectations of Victorian Gentleman in the Victorian society. Utterson is proclaimed
as being a self-centred man who inclines to ‘Cain’s Heresy’ and would let his ‘brother go on his own
way’, conveying his adherence to Victorian expectations of repressing emotions, however later in
the play he goes against these standards as he grows curious and investigates Hyde, stating that if
‘he be Mr Hyde I will be Mr Seek’’. To Stevenson, the Victorian ideology of disregarding the duality of
man , the good and the evil, is both unimaginable and unthinkable, as he ridicules this idea by using
the creation of Hyde to convey the true double-sided nature of man.
Last edited by DKRK; 1 month ago
Unknown.la123
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Jekyll and hyde - how was jekyll presented as a mysterious character
And aic- how is Eric used to show how society changes and "inequality leads to tragedy" how far do you agree?
noora1233
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
any predictions for a Christmas Carol
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
How did you find the exam?
Blue_Bunny
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
How did you find the exam?
It went well!!
gaycinnamonbean
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
that jekyll and hyde question was absolutely gorgeous!! it seemed like a rlly nice paper, I was scrolling through and it all looked kinda doable tbh
harrybatey
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
For me I did .

1- Contrast between Fred and Scrooge when it comes to the charity worker

2- Fan being kind to Scrooge at school who was lonely etc

3- cratchits being joyous and kind to one another despite being poor and having a sick child

4- Fezziwig being kind and having the ability to “render people happy or unhappy” and the irony that Scrooge could do that to.

5- Scrooge learning his ways and giving a pay rise to Bob + becoming a second father to tiny Tim and practically becoming part of the cratchitt family, who used the think of him as a “ogre”

All that + intro and conclusiond\

Really happy with how it went, managed to fit 21 quotations into the whole text essay, and i have to say it was probably my best bit of writing in all exams/ mocks. Thrilled.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads