The Student Room Group

Is it rude to wear jeans and a hoodie to a party?

Poll

Is it rude that i wore jeans and a hoodie to a party?

I wore casual attire to a party, is this rude? I just stuck on a pair of jeans and a black hoodie and went.

What are your thoughts? There was no dress code, we were just having fun. Apparently people think this is weird and rude... 🤨
(edited 1 year ago)
If there was no dress code then I don't see the issue
If there is no dress code, why would it be an issue?
Reply 3
99% of what I own is hoodies and jeans, I'd wear the same and have to parties before. Don't see the problem especially if there was no dress code or anything
I think it depends on how much money has been spent organising the party and the number of people there etc, but in general if it was an evening event with more than 5 people invited, I wouldn't wear jeans & a hoodie. If the party was casual between a few close friends, then it's probably fine, but it not, it's polite to dress up?
Obviously you didn't mean to cause offence - so apologise briefly to the host if they felt offended and then it will be ok! I'm sure it's not going to be that big of a deal :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Depends on the context and the type of party? If it was just a casual party at a friends' house then its fine, but I probably wouldn't wear that to a family event at a nice restaurant or wedding reception etc.
(edited 1 year ago)
Well no as it's only coming off later on.... 😉
No, I wouldn't say its rude at all if its just a casual birthday party or get together. The only kind of party I wouldn't wear something like that to would be like a wedding reception but as for general parties, it would be fine to wear :smile:
No it's not rude but it depends on the type of party. If it has a dress code thats not casual yes it's rude
Original post by duffy89
I wore casual attire to a party, is this rude? I just stuck on a pair of jeans and a black hoodie and went.

What are your thoughts? There was no dress code, we were just having fun. Apparently people think this is weird and rude... 🤨

No not at all. Everyone has a different style and may or may not feel comfortable in different clothing. I would rather my mate showed up in a hoodie/ jeans and was happy and comfortable than get dressed up and feel nervous or uncomfortable the entire time. Lots of people go casual for parties anyway, so unless it was a special occasion or you were going somewhere fancy I don't see the issue
No, it is not rude to wear jeans and a hoodie to a party.

Quick Reply

Latest