The Student Room Group

Any options apart from medicine?

I am doing Physics, Chemistry and Biology for A levels and I am hoping to apply to an Ivy League University. Can someone please recommend any programs apart from medicine using these 3 subjects?
I think it is now near impossible for me to apply in UK.
And a side question but does the UK offer scholarships to international students? Thank you.
Original post by Lost_Sereniity
I am doing Physics, Chemistry and Biology for A levels and I am hoping to apply to an Ivy League University. Can someone please recommend any programs apart from medicine using these 3 subjects?
I.

-Dentistry
-BioMedicine
-BioChemistry
-Pharmacology
-Neuroscience
-Veterinary
1. I am originally from the UK but now I am international student. I can choose to do medicine here but I want my life back. I can get a scholarship in the US but medicine is 8 years so I have grown reluctant.
2. It is near impossible for me to attend UK med schools because of reason 3. It is already competitive and I'm aware they don't offer scholarships.
Original post by Lost_Sereniity
1. I am originally from the UK but now I am international student. I can choose to do medicine here but I want my life back. I can get a scholarship in the US but medicine is 8 years so I have grown reluctant.
2. It is near impossible for me to attend UK med schools because of reason 3. It is already competitive and I'm aware they don't offer scholarships.

Medicine is not "8 years" in the US. It's 4 years, but requires an undergraduate degree (which is a separate 4 years in the US). Successful completion of a 4 year undergraduate degree does not guarantee you a place at a US medical school any more than taking A-level Biology and Chemistry would guarantee you a place on a medical degree in the UK.

Also when you apply to the US you do not apply to a specific major and only declare your major (i.e. what your degree will be "in") after starting. If you're planning to apply to Ivy league colleges you might want to start by getting even the most basic understanding of how the US application and higher education systems work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending