The Student Room Group

If someone (ex partner/friend/family etc.) blocks you should you block back?

Or should you leave a door open for if they want to contact you again some day?
I'd just ignore, not block though so if they contact u again u can ignore them :colone:
Reply 2
tbh, they are not going to know that you blocked them back so you dont even get that satisfaction so I'd say there is no point :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Or should you leave a door open for if they want to contact you again some day?

If they block you they don't want to interact with you. So it doesn't make a difference at all if you also block them.
Reply 4
Original post by sufys
If they block you they don't want to interact with you. So it doesn't make a difference at all if you also block them.

I would agree with the both of you if I were dealing with normal human beings but the ones I deal with block and unblock and check for whether you do the same or not
I'd probably only block for creepy/pervy behaviour or a history of criminal conduct.
Probably best to cut all contact and not interact with them at all.
Then switch all your social media profiles to private and ignore any follower/friend requests that they or their relatives send you.
Good luck!
I blocked my ex after I broke up with him for my own sanity, I don't want to keep checking his social media all the time it's not healthy. I didn't block his number though. I probably will unblock him at a later date, but right now it's necessary for my healing process. I didn't want to block him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending