The Student Room Group

Psychology questions

So come September I am going to be studying a psychology degree, however I didn’t study psychology at a level(just child development) so I’m just wondering if it would be worthwhile covering the core a level components before I go so I have an in depth understanding, or if it’s covered in the degree. Any advice is appreciated, thank you :smile:
Original post by charlieiluvu
So come September I am going to be studying a psychology degree, however I didn’t study psychology at a level(just child development) so I’m just wondering if it would be worthwhile covering the core a level components before I go so I have an in depth understanding, or if it’s covered in the degree. Any advice is appreciated, thank you :smile:

@charlieiluvu
Hello, I did a MSc Psychology conversion course and had not done any psychology before (although I had done a degree in Sociology so there was some parallels)

For a social sciences degree the first year is typically repeating a lot of key information that would be covered at A levels, the first year of my degree felt largely a waste because I had got an A at A level. You might want to get a good reliable text book to have a mooch through over the summer before you start, I'm sure you will do great!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Thank you for your response it’s much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest