The Student Room Group

Social Influence AQA new spec

Hi, does anyone know whether we have to do resistance to social influence for conformity on the updated spec? I know that all of conformity is cut out but it isnt clear on whether we still need to do social support for conformity. I'm tryna organise my revision notes and am unsure on whether to cut it out.
Hi, i think explanations for resistance are still included, eg social support and locus of control. Thats what my teacher has said anyway
This might also be dependent on whether you mean the AS or A2 paper?
Reply 3
Original post by Squiggles1238
This might also be dependent on whether you mean the AS or A2 paper?

ohh A2 i forgot to mention that
Reply 4
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hi, i think explanations for resistance are still included, eg social support and locus of control. Thats what my teacher has said anyway

yeah im just unsure on whether social support needs to include conformity or whether its just about obedience because the powerpoint our teacher gave us last year included both but the spec changed
Original post by UnicornGal
yeah im just unsure on whether social support needs to include conformity or whether its just about obedience because the powerpoint our teacher gave us last year included both but the spec changed

Oh yeah i see what you mean, the advanced information literally just says “explanations of resistance to social influence” so im guessing it could potentially include conformity too? I dont see the harm on going over it whilst revising just to be on the safe side, but yeah the advanced information doesnt seem to be very clear
the advanced infomation for social influence is here:
4.1.1 Social Influence
Explanations for obedience: agentic state and legitimacy of authority, and situational
variables affecting obedience including proximity and location, as investigated by Milgram,
and uniform. Dispositional explanation for obedience: the Authoritarian Personality.
Explanations of resistance to social influence, including social support and locus of control.
Minority influence including reference to consistency, commitment and flexibility.

unfortunately we do need it but luckily its not too bad
Reply 7
Original post by UnicornGal
Hi, does anyone know whether we have to do resistance to social influence for conformity on the updated spec? I know that all of conformity is cut out but it isnt clear on whether we still need to do social support for conformity. I'm tryna organise my revision notes and am unsure on whether to cut it out.

yes, we still need social support and locus of control

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending