This discussion is closed.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
When is winter going to end? OK I know it's still January :rolleyes: But it doesn't seem to be getting any lighter... in fact the weather around here has gone from bad to .. well.. another sort of bad. Last week it was terribly windy. Now it's all rainy. All the time it's been cold. :mad:

I don't mind the wind and rain too much, but the darkness does! The lightness has faded by the time I get from from work, about 5:15pm. NO time whatsoever to play football. And on the weekends all my friends are working, so I NEVER get to play. *fist on desk* I demand justice!
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dunno.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love the winter. I wish it could be winter ALL year round
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love it, as much as I love summer.
Nothing is more cozy and relaxed than winter. Listening to music while riding the bike to school in total darkness is actually one of my favorite moments during the year
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wonder where you got your inspiration for this thread :rolleyes:
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love winter and i hate summer

Why is it snowing everywhere else besides here?!?!?!?!?
Sparkey
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ponjavic)
I love it, as much as I love summer.
Nothing is more cozy and relaxed than winter. Listening to music while riding the bike to school in total darkness is actually one of my favorite moments during the year
I love Winter too. At least if you're cold you can get warm easily when you're too hot it's more difficult to get cool. it's also nice listening to the rain against the window when you're lying in bed in the warm
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate the cold, and our winters arent even bad!

Im going to South Africa during Winter and it can get pretty damn cold there on the Cape so im not looking foward to that. My parents have also proposed the offer of New Zealand in Winter... fat effing chance!
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)

Im going to South Africa during Winter and it can get pretty damn cold there on the Cape so im not looking foward to that. My parents have also proposed the offer of New Zealand in Winter... fat effing chance!
I was in australia this winter and we took a swim in the ocean (stupid swedes )
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love ze winter!!! Altho its raining here right now which im not keen on. I like ze cold tho. I hate being hot
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)

You should come here for your winter, we're in summer!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My idea of heaven is lots of snow (good quality snow, not the horrid stuff we usually get) and freezing cold days (have to wrap up warm!) - heh

One of the main reasons I like the cold/winter so much is because I always get sunburn in the summer -Don't like the sun!
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
I love winter and i hate summer

Why is it snowing everywhere else besides here?!?!?!?!?
It isn't snowing in Brighton either
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Yeah it's not really the coldness or the raininess that I dislike. I agree it can be most cosy I just wanted a catchy thread title

The darkness is what gets me It's easy to get up in the summer when the sun is blazing through my window into me eyes. In the winter you wake up exhausted and pray that it's still 3am... the darkness brings momentary hope until you look at your alarm clock which says 8:55am... and you're bloody late for whatever it was you were doing :mad: Oh and like I said... the early darkness preventing me from donig things like playing football which is ESSENTIAL for me to keep fit... I have no other way! :'(

I was going to say something else but have now forgotten the other point I was going to make
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
You should come here for your winter, we're in summer!
Yeah Id love to come to South America, I do really want to go to Argentina so you never know!
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
OH I remember the other point: it never snows in Portsmouth. Maybe about 1 day per year... and it's always a great day. Even if I slip up three times while walking 50 yards from the bus stop into college as I did last year.

This year, we have not had our snow day yet :mad:
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
OH I remember the other point: it never snows in Portsmouth. Maybe about 1 day per year... and it's always a great day. Even if I slip up three times while walking 50 yards from the bus stop into college as I did last year.

This year, we have not had our snow day yet :mad:
Dam global warming...........

lets hope nuclear winter hurrys up and cancels it out
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In fact, one of the main reasons why I wanna go to Scotland to uni is because of the cold winters! hehe
m66
Report 14 years ago
I hate winter its deperessing.. and well dun 4 noticing the days get longer!! thats what they do after december 21s/22nd cos of the spin of earths axis!! lol knoledge
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i believe winter ends in march...or so
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads