The Student Room Group

Aqa a level english lit b- emma help!!

So, exams are soon and I’m yet to start revising or create revision because I have a pure hatred for the novel Emma. I hated studying it and I have no motivation to revise it. I’m struggling to find resources that are useful such as help with key quotes/ themes or just genuinely HOW TF DO I REVISE?
Just a cry for help here. Currently an E student so clearly I’m doing well :/ (yes it’s a regret of mine for taking it)
omgg, tell me about it! I hate Emma with a passion too, for me, making essay plans is working atm, I'm trying to get from a B to an A in the short space of time we have left and idk if its working tbh, but essay plans seem to be the way to go, as for learning quotes, I'm gonna make a Quizlet set of the key quotes for each theme, I'll share it with you as soon as its done! x
Omg PLEASE SHARE WHEN YOUR DONE. You are genuinely a life saver Thank you! I’ve seen a lot about making essay plans but they honestly seem so intimidating- how do you go about it? I can’t believe I’ve left it so late tbh
Original post by sophia0903
omgg, tell me about it! I hate Emma with a passion too, for me, making essay plans is working atm, I'm trying to get from a B to an A in the short space of time we have left and idk if its working tbh, but essay plans seem to be the way to go, as for learning quotes, I'm gonna make a Quizlet set of the key quotes for each theme, I'll share it with you as soon as its done! x
So for my essay plans it's really simple tbh because all I do is write out the question that I'm planning, and then divide the page in half, one side 'agree' and one side 'disagree', so for example, if my question was for The Handmaids Tale, I'd write it out 'Gilead controls women by elevating them' to what extent do you agree with this view?, then I'd write my 'agree' points and my disagree points. In my points I'll include the idea I have AND evidence to back it up - this is the really important part, bc it makes you think about the book and you'll be thinking 'where can I find a moment in the text that supports my idea', and choosing a very specific moment from your text/specific quote, is key because examiners won't wanna see a surface-level knowledge of the text, but rather a deeper understanding!
hope this helps!! and dw about thinking you've left it too late, because chances are you haven't and you still have enough time to get the grade you deserve as long as you start working hard now :smile: if you need anything else just lmk! and ill send the links to my quizlet flashcards asap xx
Hello! I was wondering if you’ve finished your Emma flash cards? :smile: I hope your revision is going well!!
Original post by Caitlyn Sixx
Hello! I was wondering if you’ve finished your Emma flash cards? :smile: I hope your revision is going well!!

Hi! Yes, I have, sorry for not sending them sooner, I've been so busy lately revising, here's the link:
https://quizlet.com/_bf8p2p?x=1qqt&i=1s9e7r
I tried to keep them to the shortest quotes, and they spread over the span of the novel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending