The Student Room Group

gcses

I’ve been worried about my coming GCSEs and stressed about failing although I’m confident that I’m a ‘bright’ student, I don’t know if i will preform well under the pressure of the actual exam.
For reference, my mock results:

-English literature- 7 (grade 5 on my 18th century text unfortunately, grade 7 on my Shakespearean and grade 8 on the modern text).
-English language- 8
-Maths- 5
-Biology- 9
-Chemistry- 6
-Physics- 6
-Spanish- 7
-History- 9
-Art- no mock but working at a 6/7

My aims:
-English lit- 7
-English lang- 8
-All sciences- 7
-Spanish- 7
-Maths- 5/6
-History- 7 or up
-Art- 7

Can I achieve these grades? I have such paranoia that I’m going to do horribly.

Scroll to see replies

wdym you're doing badly
I'm in the same year group and here are my mock grades

Chemistry - 7/8
Physics - 6/7
Biology - 5/6
Maths - 6/7
English Literature - 4
English Language - 3
ICT - 4/5
Geography - 4/5
Business studies - 2

Infact, I got Yellis Band A as well, so surely you are doing better than me.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by METRIX64
wdym you're doing badly
I'm in the same year group and here are my mock grades

Chemistry - 7/8
Physics - 6/7
Biology - 5/6
Maths - 6/7
English Literature - 4
English Language - 3
ICT - 4/5
Geography - 4/5
Business studies - 2

Infact, I got Yellis Band A as well, so surely you are doing better than me.

Thank you I’m sure you’ll do great too it’s just the nerves that are a horrible feeling😩
For the sciences, I would recommend looking at the advance information and going through those topics on Physics and Maths tutor and making flashcards for any questions you got wrong. As for maths, try to do some predicted maths papers and do further questions on the topics you got wrong on a website such as exam solutions.

Overall, just keep revising the way you are revising for the other subjects because you are doing super well man.
Original post by reenazahra
Thank you I’m sure you’ll do great too it’s just the nerves that are a horrible feeling😩

thank you too, besides, there's probably like 2 months and a bit left as well, which is good in a way.
I’m so stressed for GCSEs my first one is on 16th may 😭
Reply 6
Loool dont be stressed.
At the start its kinda scary.
But then halfway through it, youll just want it all to end fast, so u can chill in the summer.
Reply 7
Original post by yaboyxerx
For the sciences, I would recommend looking at the advance information and going through those topics on Physics and Maths tutor and making flashcards for any questions you got wrong. As for maths, try to do some predicted maths papers and do further questions on the topics you got wrong on a website such as exam solutions.

Overall, just keep revising the way you are revising for the other subjects because you are doing super well man.

Thank you!! Physics and maths tutor is literally a life saver
Reply 8
Original post by METRIX64
thank you too, besides, there's probably like 2 months and a bit left as well, which is good in a way.

Sorry to burst your bubble but my first one is 17th may which is less than 35 days away…
Reply 9
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
I’m so stressed for GCSEs my first one is on 16th may 😭

Aghhh me too my first one is the 17th but we got this!!
Original post by 2022 g
Loool dont be stressed.
But then halfway through it, youll just want it all to end fast, so u can chill in the summer.

Literally cannot wait for summer but i’ll be dreading results day!
Literally cannot wait for summer but i’ll be dreading results day!

same😭
Original post by 2022 g
Loool dont be stressed.

i'm already excited for gcses to be over and they haven't even started 💀💀💀
I'm dreading results day so much and I haven't even done the exams yet
Original post by oliviapope1
same😭

why’d they set it all the way in august😭😭
Original post by thrivingfrog
I'm dreading results day so much and I haven't even done the exams yet

there’s too much anticipation for them😭
why’d they set it all the way in august😭😭

ikr and it’s near the end of august and we’ll be back in september💀💔
man, stress rlly sucks 😭 just get through them, don't overthink, and you'll be chilling by the summer
I’ve got a conditional offer from a grammar school sixth form. But one of the conditions is that I need a grade 6 for English language or literature. But I find it so hard. I feel like English will be the thing to stop me getting in. In my mocks I got a 5 for language and 6 for literature which would mean I get in. But my teacher is way too lenient with marking so I think I’m actually at a 4,5 which wouldn’t make it in. I need tips on how to revise and get better quickly. Good sentence starters or a model answer grade 7+ paragraph would really help. Thanks in advance
Original post by spyderr
man, stress rlly sucks 😭 just get through them, don't overthink, and you'll be chilling by the summer

i’ll be depressed if my results are bad😭 i just need to let it go tho

Quick Reply

Latest