The Student Room Group

I got a 1st but don't know what I want to do...

Graduated recently from Warwick University. What would be the highest paying job I am eligible to apply for with my 1st class degree? Obviously a job that accepts any degree.
Biology
Original post by Anonymous
Graduated recently from Warwick University. What would be the highest paying job I am eligible to apply for with my 1st class degree? Obviously a job that accepts any degree.

It's not the money that you should be looking at, but it's what you actually want to do in life and figuring out your passions and interests. There's no point doing a job that you hate just for money. I think that you need to go away for a bit, maybe take a break and figure out your passions and interests. Then apply for jobs that you would like to do. Generally, most graduate schemes accept candidates with a 2.1 degree classification or higher, so your options are going to be open. But don't do a job because of money, you need to have genuine interest in the company and the job and in the recruitment process they will look for that passion.
Original post by Anonymous

That's not a good question at all. It's far too hard for anyone to give you focused advice apart from the usual high-paying suspects like front-office IB, quant, consulting at MBB etc... but I suspect you already know that they are very well paying already (albeit long hours)

What are your skills? Can you code? How many internships have you done? Have you done a placement year? Which sector(s)?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply