The Student Room Group

What cn I use to record a university lecture?

I could use my phone, but I definitely wouldn't have enough storage for that. Should I buy a camera?? I also need good camera quality so I can see.
Should I just record audio? How important is the visual aspect of a lecture? I'm assuming it differs with each subject so does anyone know for psychology?
Original post by jaxp
I could use my phone, but I definitely wouldn't have enough storage for that. Should I buy a camera?? I also need good camera quality so I can see.
Should I just record audio? How important is the visual aspect of a lecture? I'm assuming it differs with each subject so does anyone know for psychology?

You can’t just record your lectures on personal devices, this is a breach of privacy and personal boundaries not only with the lecturer but also the other students in the hall.

If your university uses lecture capture then just use that, if not go through your course rep or su and ask for it.
Yeah like the person above said, you can't just record lectures. Most universities now use lecture capture, which records the audio alongside whatever PowerPoint your lecturer is presenting.
My uni kept most of the lecture content online and plan to keep doing so because students prefer it to attending live lectures or watching the recordings, so it's possible that's the same for you.
But ultimately, if your university doesn't record their lectures and they are in person, you'll just have to learn to take notes during the lecture. I know it sounds useful to have recordings, but realistically you will rarely, if ever, listen to most of the recordings again, no matter what your plans are now - it is just so inconvenient compared to googling the answer.
Just please respect your lecturers and other students and don't record them yourself!
We had this the other day. An extra revision tutorials online which wasn’t recorded (as tutorials are not)

Other students all saying unfair they missed it and someone popped up to say don’t worry I recorded it all on my phone here it is. Nothing we could do about that, may have to get the faculty to remind people to not do that.
Reply 4
I know some people that just recorded the audio because all the lecture stuff was online already.
Reply 5
I haven't recorded anything, I'm not even in uni yet haha. It's just something I've thought about, but when I go I will be sure to ask my lecturers!
(edited 2 years ago)
I don't think the audio recording of the lecture will be of good quality if you do it with a smartphone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending