The Student Room Group

University of Kent, Exeter or Newcastle

Hi all, I have received offers from University of Kent. (msc in Biotechnology and Business), Newcastle (Commercial and industrial biotechnology) and Exeter (MPH) . Now I know the courses are varied, but these are what I wanted to take up in the particular unis. I wanted to know which of these I should accept given that I am from India and I will be taking loan. I have been offered a scholarship of 4000 GBP in Newcastle. How do these unis differ in their reputation and outcomes?
Reply 1
I think reputation Exeter is higher ranked but I think you should look into the location of the uni and the living costs x
None of them? I know people who have graduated from all of those universities and are either long term unemployed or have been doing minimum wage jobs for years afterwards. If you’re from overseas, I would save a tonne of money and do a degree in your home country as I am not convinced that the quality of education you receive in the UK would be better than the one you’ll receive in India!
Original post by 31ishi12
Hi all, I have received offers from University of Kent. (msc in Biotechnology and Business), Newcastle (Commercial and industrial biotechnology) and Exeter (MPH) . Now I know the courses are varied, but these are what I wanted to take up in the particular unis. I wanted to know which of these I should accept given that I am from India and I will be taking loan. I have been offered a scholarship of 4000 GBP in Newcastle. How do these unis differ in their reputation and outcomes?

Hi!
I'm a second year student at the University of Kent. Although I do not study any relevant subject to your course, I can help describe what our university has to offer.

The University of Kent’s School of Biosciences ranks among the most active in biological sciences in the UK. The facilities and research laboratories have been extended and undergone major refurbishments, now hosting house over 100 academic, research, technical and support staff, of whom more than 120 are postgraduate students. I will copy in a link to the official website that breaks down the course, entry requirements, modules and career prospects: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/2719/biotechnology-business

It goes without saying that nowadays it can be harder to find a good job as an undergraduate, but the university offers students a huge amount of support from finding part-time jobs to finding placements and internships through our Career and Employability Service. You can discuss your options with both academic and career advisors to have a better idea of your prospects and how to achieve your long term goals.

Of all your options, Kent is potentially the cheapest place to live; Canterbury campus is at walking distance from the lovely historic town, just one train away from London. The university is vastly known for the amount of students that travel and pay to pursue their degrees here which says something of the reputation of the school.

Making these decisions is not easy but I hope this helped a little! The website will help answer most of your questions, but if you have any more (about the course and about life at Kent), don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Tracy
UKC Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending