The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham

Nottingham accommodation for engineering student

I got an offer in chem.eng, will study in second year and looking accommodation. I want it to be close to the faculty. From what I know, university hall is closest but I want self-catered. Are there any recommendations? I was also looking at Albion house but it seem like it located at the opposite side of uni , I’m not sure whether it gonna take a long walk to faculty.
And how can I change change the application for accommodation if I want to change my mind?
The closest halls are catered ones (all the halls on uni park are catered...), but broadgate park is probably a 25 min walk or spc/raleigh which is about a 30min walk are also good options.

Their is albion & riverside point but these are smaller halls. Easier just to use google maps for some perspective.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Original post by Anonymous
I got an offer in chem.eng, will study in second year and looking accommodation. I want it to be close to the faculty. From what I know, university hall is closest but I want self-catered. Are there any recommendations? I was also looking at Albion house but it seem like it located at the opposite side of uni , I’m not sure whether it gonna take a long walk to faculty.
And how can I change change the application for accommodation if I want to change my mind?

Hey,

I lived in self-catered off campus accommodation in my first year.
I lived in St. Peters court which is around a 25/30 min walk to the science end of campus. Accommodations with the same walking distance are Raighley park, Nottingham two and manor villages. There is also riverside point and deakins place which are slightly closer to campus so would only take 15 mins to get to campus. SPC and riverside point have an advantage of a free bus provided by the accommodation companies but each are within a 10 min walk to the free university hopper bus on jubilee campus which takes you straight to main campus here you would be studying. All of these are around a 25-30 min walk into the city and are close to a Lidl, with SPC, raighley park and Nottingham two also being close to an Aldi and a B&M.

Broadgate park is the other option but it is on the opposite side to campus so would still take you around 25 mins to walk there. It is further away from the city but there is a tram stop close so you can be in in 10-15 mins.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions just let me know,
Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest