The Student Room Group

ADVICE A Level resits 2022

Can someone please give me any advice? i took my 3 A levels (chemistry biology history) in 2019 and received DDC in that order. during that time i barely revised because we didn’t finish the content in school and i just wasn’t keeping up with the work and then my family member died during my exams. i then tried to resit my a levels in 2020 and 2021 but they were cancelled due to covid and i couldn’t get teacher assed grades because i am an external candidate (learning from home). i am now resitting my exams this june 2022 for only biology (ocr a) and chemistry (aqa). i am really struggling with the content to learn and caught covid twice already which hasn’t helped. there’s only 50 days left and im still finding myself trying to relearn everything. i need two B’s but i don’t think i can do it. i mean who can learn two a levels in 50 days??? i’m thinking i might as well just kms at this point. idek what i’m asking for on tsr and sound pathetic just don’t know what to do.
(edited 1 year ago)
Do practice questions and figure out where your weak points are (if this is everything, that's okay too) and revise them. Try Physics and Maths Tutors, Seneca, and savemyexams for questions and revision notes. Revision videos might also be helpful since they condense content and sometimes have nice visuals. Then do past papers with the mark schemes and figure out how to improve your answers, which might also include "questions of this type earn marks for mentioning thus-and-such". I'm also taking A levels a year late this year because I couldn't get CAGs as a private candidate.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
thank you for your advice, i’m trying to do physics and maths tutor papers everyday but i barely know any content so i have to keep re teaching myself before i attempt papers. i just feel like there isn’t enough time for me to revise all the topics now. and sometimes i don’t even know what the exam questions are even asking or what topic it is :/ i will keep trying and take your advice though thank you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Nairbear
thank you for your advice, i’m trying to do physics and maths tutor papers everyday but i barely know any content so i have to keep re teaching myself before i attempt papers. i just feel like there isn’t enough time for me to revise all the topics now. and sometimes i don’t even know what the exam questions are even asking or what topic it is :/ i will keep trying and take your advice though thank you!

I really struggled this year in Economics and did uplearn - I was an E at the beginning of this year and I'm doing a lot better now. You could do the trial and see if this helps you and make a decision to sign up if it does. I actually found it better than my teacher and think I could have just done uplearn. I hope this helps you. Good luck.I see they do aqa Chemistry but not ocr Biology though.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest