OCR computer science 2022 exams

Watch this thread
JJ5672
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi for the computing ocr exam this year are systems software in the exam ?It is not on the advanced info so I assume its not however I just want to be sure?
Thanks
Angel cake 55
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hiya please note the advance info only shows what parts of the spec will have more weighting, meaning those topics will be the longer mark questions, but the other topics can still come up for the shorter questions. So systems software might not have a long mark question, but it could still be questioned for a few marks, and the knowledge can help when answering other questions/ essays. I'm focusing my revision on the advanced info but still will look over everything. All the best x
GradeOneStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
it was pretty easy tbh
JJ5672
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by GradeOneStudent)
it was pretty easy tbh
What did you write for why is Ethernet a standard ?
koiojojoj
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
im acc finished.
read a 4 marker wrong
mynameisaaaah
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JJ5672)
What did you write for why is Ethernet a standard ?
I said that standards were specifications for how hardware/software interact, regardless of manufacturer or producer. I then waffled about how Ethernet can be used on any device regardless of who made the cable. I just took the definition from the specification, let's hope it's right 🙏

I know I wasn't the OP but thought i'd answer
pK16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mynameisaaaah)
I said that standards were specifications for how hardware/software interact, regardless of manufacturer or producer. I then waffled about how Ethernet can be used on any device regardless of who made the cable. I just took the definition from the specification, let's hope it's right 🙏

I just said that the system is universal and can work with any hardware. I pray I get at least 1 mark
Angel cake 55
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
is this for a level?
ThatOneGuy5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How many marks was this q?
ThatOneGuy5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mynameisaaaah)

How many marks was the question?
JJ5672
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ThatOneGuy5)
How many marks was the question?
2 I think
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (12)
31.58%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (13)
34.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5.26%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
5.26%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
15.79%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.63%

Watched Threads