The Student Room Group

a level revision motivation

hey so i’ve been really struggling to stay motivated this week, particularly because it’s easter and the weather has been so nice, but i was just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on how they stay motivated because i just can’t seem to concentrate no matter what i do and i end up getting no real work done 😭 anything would be appreciated, thank you!!!
I've been feeling the same way- i have my first A Level the day I come back from easter (25th April, Spanish speaking). For me, I'm motivating myself by giving my phone to someone or removing it from the room I'm studying in. Also because the weather's nice, I might go work outside in my garden. Try working for short intervals (the Pomodorian technique is said to be good). Remember, doing something is better than doing nothing.
Original post by laurenhaynes14
hey so i’ve been really struggling to stay motivated this week, particularly because it’s easter and the weather has been so nice, but i was just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on how they stay motivated because i just can’t seem to concentrate no matter what i do and i end up getting no real work done 😭 anything would be appreciated, thank you!!!

what subjects are you taking?
Original post by evakesiax
what subjects are you taking?

i’m doing history, psychology and media studies!! what are you taking? (other than spanish)
Original post by laurenhaynes14
i’m doing history, psychology and media studies!! what are you taking? (other than spanish)

French and English lit
It’s weird… I’ve made posters and I’ve done a couple practice questions but I don’t feel like I know it? I take geography, English lit and history so I’m here like agh!
Original post by emilyalicerooney
It’s weird… I’ve made posters and I’ve done a couple practice questions but I don’t feel like I know it? I take geography, English lit and history so I’m here like agh!

What exam board and texts are you doing for English lit
What exam board and texts are you doing for English lit

I am Aqa:
Great gatsby
Streetcar named desire
Cuckoo
Othello
:smile:)
I am Aqa:
Great gatsby
Streetcar named desire
Cuckoo
Othello
:smile:)

Oh I'm OCR:
The Tempest
The Merchant's Tale
The Duchess of Malfi
The Bloody Chamber
Frankenstein
Oh I'm OCR:
The Tempest
The Merchant's Tale
The Duchess of Malfi
The Bloody Chamber
Frankenstein

Oh wow completely seperate texts! How are you finding it so far? I’m kinda struggling with how to revise it
Watch Kdrama motivation videos they re so good.... I worked all night

same here, i also take english lit and geography, I'm really scared coasts especially is really scaring me. It just wont stick.
coasts is so scary, they've barely taken anything off in advanced information too >_<
Have the same problem ffs.
Original post by oceanflor
coasts is so scary, they've barely taken anything off in advanced information too >_<

exactlyyyy!!
when i read about high and low energy coastlines i feel numb
when i read about high and low energy coastlines i feel numb

Idk what to do mannnn coasts just do not stick in my head at all. Like legit it’s stresssful cus obvs it’s gonna be a big chunk of exam considering how much they’ve left in the exam
i hate that they've took out so much of migration and human rights but kept coasts, so unlucky!
i hate that they've took out so much of migration and human rights but kept coasts, so unlucky!

Ik, dk what to do!! Pls if u have any tips at all lemme know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending