The Student Room Group

How to revise set works for GCSE Music AQA?

I've tried listening through the piece and making notes about melody etc. for the whole piece. Just recently looked at an exam paper and realised I have no idea how to answer more advanced questions such as "how does Mozart create a sense of "balance"? What do you recommend doing for the set pieces of music?

Set Pieces:
Mozart Clarinet Concerto in A major (Movement 3).
From Little Shop of Horrors:
Little Shop of Horrors
Mushnik and Son
Feed Me
Original post by Christopherlus
I've tried listening through the piece and making notes about melody etc. for the whole piece. Just recently looked at an exam paper and realised I have no idea how to answer more advanced questions such as "how does Mozart create a sense of "balance"? What do you recommend doing for the set pieces of music?

Set Pieces:
Mozart Clarinet Concerto in A major (Movement 3).
From Little Shop of Horrors:
Little Shop of Horrors
Mushnik and Son
Feed Me

I’m the same as you!! Doing the same pieces- I just wrote down as many features of the sections of the music as possible and know it well and am hoping for the best tbh!! It’s annoying as it is new pieces being examined so there aren’t very many notes on them online!!

Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Maria303
I’m the same as you!! Doing the same pieces- I just wrote down as many features of the sections of the music as possible and know it well and am hoping for the best tbh!! It’s annoying as it is new pieces being examined so there aren’t very many notes on them online!!

Good luck!

Thanks for this! It's very helpful!

By the way. where did you get your notes for Little Shop of Horrors? Because I've lost a lot of mine and there doesn't seem to be many online.

Quick Reply

Latest