The Student Room Group

Weight loss tips

okay so imma say my weight and height n crap so if that will trigger u plzzz dont read

so current weight is 60kg, my height is about 5'6
I wanna get to around 47kg as my goal weight
i wanna loose weight i need advice, , my metabolism is very very slow t, how can i fix this

PROPER ADVICE PLZ NO CRAP that i dont need to loose weight plz genuine advice
I'm pretty sure 47kg is an unhealthy weight for your height, depending on how old you are. I wouldn't recommend losing more than 5kg. However, to speed up your metabolism, eat 3 meals at specific times and snack less. Space your meals out so that there are at least 3 hours between each meal, and maybe 1 snack in between (so breakfast at 7, lunch at 12, snack at 3, dinner at 7) or something like that. Make sure you are in a calorie deficit, so eat maybe 200 less calories (hence why I said less snacks) and exercise more.
at your current weight your BMI is in the healthy range, so you don't need to lose any weight!
47 kg would put you at an unhealthily low BMI
(I know BMI isn't everything but it's still a useful guide)
being underweight usually comes with all sorts of health problems; it can be very dangerous and can even lead to death
please speak to a GP about this
i'm 57kg and 5'7 so roughly the same as you. the best thing to do is fasting, exercise and eat in small portions.
Reply 4
Original post by MillieAllen
okay so imma say my weight and height n crap so if that will trigger u plzzz dont read

i wanna loose weight i need advice, , my metabolism is very very slow t, how can i fix this

I'm 4ft 10 and I want to be 50kg, 47kg is far too low for someone who is 5ft 6. Please revise your target for the sake of your health x
talk to your gp, and calorie deficit, intermittent fasting will help you lose the weight. But talk to your GP and get proper medical help and advice
Reply 6
Original post by MillieAllen

How old are you? And why do you want to lose weight?
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
How old are you? And why do you want to lose weight?

i feel so horrible, ugly i really dont like myself i used to be so much bigger but i am still unhappy with the size i am
Reply 8
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
talk to your gp, and calorie deficit, intermittent fasting will help you lose the weight. But talk to your GP and get proper medical help and advice

oki tysm i am going to book an appointment soon!!!1
Reply 9
Original post by SagaciousSag
I'm pretty sure 47kg is an unhealthy weight for your height, depending on how old you are. I wouldn't recommend losing more than 5kg. However, to speed up your metabolism, eat 3 meals at specific times and snack less. Space your meals out so that there are at least 3 hours between each meal, and maybe 1 snack in between (so breakfast at 7, lunch at 12, snack at 3, dinner at 7) or something like that. Make sure you are in a calorie deficit, so eat maybe 200 less calories (hence why I said less snacks) and exercise more.

thank u imma start getting into this, i do count my cals already but as my metabolism got slower my deficit isnt working for me, time to re-vamp it
Reply 10
The ratio of height and weight is good.
I don't know why you want to lose weight. But in my experience, plain water helped me speed up my metabolism. I drank a lot during the day.
Well, I agree with many people said also make sure you are in a calorie deficit.
Well! Walking. Walking is one of the best exercises for weight loss and for good reason. Jogging and running are great exercises to help you lose weight. Here are some other exercises you should try to lose fat. You can do Cycling, Swimming and Pilates. Yoga is also an important exercise to lose weight and keep the body calm. But along with workouts, a healthy diet also plays an important role in staying fit. You can join a gym or even buy a home gym to work out at your home. Recently I found gyms for sale in US states where you can find and buy gyms according to your location nationwide.
https://www.wesellgyms.com/gyms-fitness-opportunities-in-philadelphia/

Quick Reply

Latest