The Student Room Group

re sitting A Levels

Hi everyone, heres my question. ive got my alevel re sits in 2 months. i havent revised at all for chemistry nor english literature and i havent even started on my coursework for English and its due next week. ive done a bit of work for biology but thats it, a bit. do you think i can go from a U E C to a A* A B in these 2 months? is it possible? Thanks for reading :smile:

Scroll to see replies

If you've put zero effort in, and no revision and attained U, E, C. You could attain higher in your resits with genuine effort and revision. However, you would have A LOT of work to do. I don't know if you could jump to A*AB.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by obsolentbutcool
Hi everyone, heres my question. ive got my alevel re sits in 2 months. i havent revised at all for chemistry nor english literature and i havent even started on my coursework for English and its due next week. ive done a bit of work for biology but thats it, a bit. do you think i can go from a U E C to a A* A B in these 2 months? is it possible? Thanks for reading :smile:

No sorry unlikely, especially without having good coursework.
Original post by KirstinTM
No sorry unlikely, especially without having good coursework.

Unlikely but not impossible. My sister progressed from an E to a B in 2 months for chemistry. OP would have a LOT of work to do but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.
Original post by LawApplicant03
Unlikely but not impossible. My sister progressed from an E to a B in 2 months for chemistry. OP would have a LOT of work to do but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

That’s what I said, unlikely. Anything is possible in theory though still very unlikely. I’m not quite sure why you quoted me just to say the same thing.
That’s what I said, unlikely. Anything is possible in theory though still very unlikely. I’m not quite sure why you quoted me just to say the same thing.

We didn't say the same thing. I've given OP some glimmer of hope. If we had said the same thing, you'd have said it could be achieved too. What's the issue?
Start on that English cw ASAP and do not put it off any longer! I'm speaking from experience (trust me I have the thread to prove it 😩😭).

You won't reap the benefits of good grades if you don't put in the effort. Make a plan and get going.

Edit: not being able to spell 🥴
(edited 1 year ago)

Almost certainly not. Given these are already re-sits, and you've again done no work for them, it's time to reëvaluate where you are right now, and what realistic path you can take next - which clearly isn't anything academic. Perhaps you might come back to academic work later in life but for now it's probably time to accept that your academic journey is over, and you need to start planning for the future so it's bright. Academic work isn't the be-all and end-all of life, despite what TSR might say. :smile:
if these are resits why haven’t you been revising all this time ??? :s-smilie: you’re going to need to work really hard, especially with chemistry. start by doing a past paper and analyse which topics you dropped marks on and then do past paper qs for that topic. you don’t have a lot of time left so maybe search for pre made flashcards on apps like Quizlet and go through them + do lots of past papers.
We didn't say the same thing. I've given OP some glimmer of hope. If we had said the same thing, you'd have said it could be achieved too. What's the issue?

I did say it was unlikely, the same phrasing you used, I didn’t say it was impossible like you implied. Stop trying to correct something and then use the same word.
I did say it was unlikely, the same phrasing you used, I didn’t say it was impossible like you implied. Stop trying to correct something and then use the same word.

It's really not a big deal, who pissed in your cheerios?
You need to be putting in quite a lot of work in these two months if you want to see imporovement. It's quite unlikely you'll get to the grades you want but I would say it's possible to increase your grades at least by a little, but only if you are willing and prepared to put in effort. Lots and lots of past paper questions as well as frequent reviewing will help for Chemistry and Biology. It's probably best to get started on your English coursework though since that is due soon. Good luck!

Hey.
I'm not sure man, but it sounds quite a push to go from a U, E, C to A*, A, B in two months. No offence.
Unless you've been revising your butt off for the last few terms, I'd say getting a C,C,C would probably be more reasonable with luck.
But I guess anything is possible? Don't put yourself down. I'm sure you'll get higher than you got.
(edited 1 year ago)
It's really not a big deal, who pissed in your cheerios?

I had to give that a +1, just for vulgarity :laugh:
Original post by Reality Check
I had to give that a +1, just for vulgarity :laugh:

I have a few coarse one-liners. Just another trick up my sleeve :P :cool:
I have a few coarse one-liners. Just another trick up my sleeve :P :cool:

I'm a huge fan of unnecessary coarseness. Welcome to TSR :smile:
I'm a huge fan of unnecessary coarseness. Welcome to TSR :smile:

Ah, well looks like we have something in common. Thanks! :smile:
Almost certainly not. Given these are already re-sits, and you've again done no work for them, it's time to reëvaluate where you are right now, and what realistic path you can take next - which clearly isn't anything academic. Perhaps you might come back to academic work later in life but for now it's probably time to accept that your academic journey is over, and you need to start planning for the future so it's bright. Academic work isn't the be-all and end-all of life, despite what TSR might say. :smile:

thanks for the reality check. but no seriously its not an issue with academics, its an issue with me. my laziness and complacency. it sounds really bad and really crude, but i have been very unorganised and lazy and thats whats cost me.
thanks for the reality check. but no seriously its not an issue with academics, its an issue with me. my laziness and complacency. it sounds really bad and really crude, but i have been very unorganised and lazy and thats whats cost me.

Which is why @Reality Check is saying that maybe you should put your academic career on hold for the moment. He’s not questioning your intellectual capacity but your lack of motivation to study which at the moment seems to be inexistant. So find something else that does motivate you now, and if and when you are motivated to put your head back in books you can think about taking your academic career to a higher level. Why waste the money now? There’s no rush! Loads of people don’t go to Uni and succeed in life because they find things that they are passionate about and are prepared to invest their time and energy in. If as you say you are just lazy and disorganised imo it’s that you don’t like what you’re doing, so find something that you do like!
Original post by Nobody2u
Which is why @Reality Check is saying that maybe you should put your academic career on hold for the moment. He’s not questioning your intellectual capacity but your lack of motivation to study which at the moment seems to be inexistant. So find something else that does motivate you now, and if and when you are motivated to put your head back in books you can think about taking your academic career to a higher level. Why waste the money now? There’s no rush! Loads of people don’t go to Uni and succeed in life because they find things that they are passionate about and are prepared to invest their time and energy in. If as you say you are just lazy and disorganised imo it’s that you don’t like what you’re doing, so find something that you do like!

That is exactly what I was trying to say - thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest