The Student Room Group

I can’t get myself to revise

Alevels are next month and I’m not able to get myself to revise. I felt the same way before my last mock about a month ago, even on the day of the exam I felt no stress which prevented me from going over my notes as vigorously as possible. For context I’m more of a person that works under stress and even with minimal revision I get good grades. I’ve been relying on this my entire academic life, especially for alevels . Im scared I’m taking it for granted and I will get stumped in the exam. Does anyone have tips on discipline and forcing myself to revise. Thanks.

Side note: my subjects are really easy so I tend not to engage in revision bc they’re not work intensive subjects hence why I chose them. (Geog sociology and art but there’s no exam for art)
Reply 1
Original post by Ahjjjkkk
Alevels are next month and I’m not able to get myself to revise. I felt the same way before my last mock about a month ago, even on the day of the exam I felt no stress which prevented me from going over my notes as vigorously as possible. For context I’m more of a person that works under stress and even with minimal revision I get good grades. I’ve been relying on this my entire academic life, especially for alevels . Im scared I’m taking it for granted and I will get stumped in the exam. Does anyone have tips on discipline and forcing myself to revise. Thanks.

Side note: my subjects are really easy so I tend not to engage in revision bc they’re not work intensive subjects hence why I chose them. (Geog sociology and art but there’s no exam for art)

I’m the exact same as you when it comes to getting decent grades from minimal revision (for English lit + Lang at least, I also do art btw :smile: ) but for history I need more revision but struggle to complete it. I’d say try categorising the areas of your revision into the topics or themes so they feel easier to digest and less of a huge undertaking, also start with the more difficult stuff. Even if it’s just to refresh your mind and keep the info knocking about up in your mind for longer. I find quizlet helps me too as it’s more on the go and convenient as well as has different forms to revise. As I have my phone on me a lot sometimes if I’m bored I pick quizlet and have a go at one of my sets because it’s so conveniently there! (But I get if it doesn’t translate well to your subjects)
I hope this kinda helps, but take it all as a pinch of salt considering I’m in the same boat as you so idek how I’m gonna do lmao. Good luck with your a-levels!!! :smile:
hi - i would also say use a friend or an app like flora/forest to help keep you accountable.

I'm using flora to make sure i do revision but it's very similar to forest in the sense that in both, you set a timer for how long you want to focus for and in that time you can't go on your phone. during this time, it will 'grow a tree' (i know in flora you can actually put in money in to it, so that you have to focuss otherwise you lose money - this money goes to planting actual trees though) and you can link up with friends and it can give them notifications in their feed about how long you've revised for. it's super satisfying as it shows you graphs as well! I assume forest is similar!

i hope this explanation helps : )

Quick Reply

Latest