The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Deferring my offer

I’m a Scottish student studying HNC Applied Science. I have a conditional offer for St Andrews on the basis that I pass everything and receive a B in my research project. However, my mental health has taken a turn for the worst, and I’m really struggling to cope with the workload of my course. Does anyone know if it would be possible to defer my entry even though I never applied for deferred entry and redo my HNC course to make sure i meet the requirements of my offer? I really don’t see myself being able to make it through to the end of the year and pass everything.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a Scottish student studying HNC Applied Science. I have a conditional offer for St Andrews on the basis that I pass everything and receive a B in my research project. However, my mental health has taken a turn for the worst, and I’m really struggling to cope with the workload of my course. Does anyone know if it would be possible to defer my entry even though I never applied for deferred entry and redo my HNC course to make sure i meet the requirements of my offer? I really don’t see myself being able to make it through to the end of the year and pass everything.

Hi there.

It would be best to get in touch with the admissions team :smile:

Best wishes and take care.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest