The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York University Psychology 2022 offer holders!

Hi guys, I am almost definitely going to York to study Psych this year and was wondering who else is going? I will make a gc on sc so lmk if you want to join!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pregcat
Hi guys, I am almost definitely going to York to study Psych this year and was wondering who else is going? I will make a gc on sc so lmk if you want to join!!

Congrats
Tf
University of York
York
Original post by pregcat

Hi, I also am most likely going to firm York for psych and would like to join a gc!
Original post by Starrism
Hi, I also am most likely going to firm York for psych and would like to join a gc!

Congrats
Original post by pregcat

Me too :smile: congrats btw!
Reply 5
Do you guys want to pm me your snapchat usernames and I can make one? or we can do a WhatsApp one idm
i'm very likely going to be insuring or firming york, just dont know which yet cos im wating to hear back from two other places :smile:
Reply 7
i might firm york still waiting for another offer tho. has anyone looked at accomodation yet?
Original post by liv00
i might firm york still waiting for another offer tho. has anyone looked at accomodation yet?

just started looking today cos now cos the virtual tours on the website are super good! i feel like all the rooms look the same though aha
Reply 9
yeah i was thinking that as well but i heard that apparently people rarely get their first few choices of accom anyway. i dont really know what to do with the campuses tho cause psych is on west but all the good places are on east
Original post by liv00
yeah i was thinking that as well but i heard that apparently people rarely get their first few choices of accom anyway. i dont really know what to do with the campuses tho cause psych is on west but all the good places are on

yeah i’ve seen people get their 6th choice which really isn’t good . but i guess if you just put down ones you’d be happy with no matter what like say you wanted derwent and they had band 2 and 3 rooms then those could take up 2 of your choices which means you’re more likely to get what you want. and i think that the the ones on east are newer but then they’re a trek away from the psychology building. i guess it just depends on if you mind or not 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 11
do u know how far the walk is cause i dont mind a little walk but if its like an hour idk if i could be bothered
oh no its definitley not an hour, pretty sure its just 20 mins ish. theyre not ages away and its like a 5 min bus ride
Reply 13
oh brill thanks i dont think i would mind i want self catered and ensuite and they don't have many options for that on west
Original post by liv00
oh brill thanks i dont think i would mind i want self catered and ensuite and they don't have many options for that on west

oh yeah definitely if that’s the type you want then better to have a lil walk. i don’t really know what type i want cooking wise cos i can’t cook at all but i’ve also never had the opportunity and i know once you’re in second year there’s obviously no catering. can you cook? or is it just not wanting to be catered? i’m very on the fence
Reply 15
i love cooking idk if im any good at it tho lol. im sure if u dont get catered u will learn quickly it isnt that difficult if u have a recipe and also i can be quite a picky eater so im scared i wont like the catered food
Original post by liv00
i love cooking idk if im any good at it tho lol. im sure if u dont get catered u will learn quickly it isnt that difficult if u have a recipe and also i can be quite a picky eater so im scared i wont like the catered food

yeah absolutley, plus id love to learn and do the weekly shop so im thinking i might go uncatered
Reply 17
Original post by samanthaaaaaaaa
yeah absolutley, plus id love to learn and do the weekly shop so im thinking i might go uncatered

im so excited to do a weekly shop lol
Reply 18
do you guys want to be added to the group chat? if so, pm me your snapchats and I can add you!
Original post by pregcat
do you guys want to be added to the group chat? if so, pm me your snapchats and I can add you!

i think i’ve sent it?? lol not very proficient on this website

Quick Reply

Latest