The Student Room Group

TSR Quiz of the Week #55! (16 April 2022)

It's time for Quiz of the Week again!

Welcome to the latest instalment of the Quiz of the Week series! I will be testing your knowledge of news stories from this week. Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted via Google Forms, and you have until Friday at midnight (or Thursday at 11.59pm if that is clearer) to play the game! There is no need to prove your score for this, as the quiz asks for your TSR username and I can see all responses. Filling in a valid TSR username is a requirement for being placed on the scoreboard. Please feel free to comment your scores below as that will help me verify users' scores more easily!

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. The person scoring the most points receiving a tasty prize of 100 rep thanks to the Community Staff!

Happy quizzing!
Happy bank holiday!

Spoiler

A slightly disappointing 5/10 this week :redface:
wow I think this is the best I have ever done on any of these quizzes! 7/10 :eek4:
7/10 as well :K:
Reply 5
woo 10/10 for once, although ive been marked as wrong on the bonus question despite it being correct?
Original post by Napp
woo 10/10 for once, although ive been marked as wrong on the bonus question despite it being correct?

Congrats! iirc they don't mark that question.
I've got a 7.
7/10 :chaplin:
Original post by Napp

It's just because of your formatting (forgetting to specify the currency and the way you wrote the number). Don't worry, it's just a tiebreaker so chances are it won't be needed anyway :smile:

(I'm afraid you actually got 9/10 as you got the number of cancelled streaming services wrong)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by CatusStarbright
It's just because of your formatting (forgetting to specify the currency and the way you wrote the number). Don't worry, it's just a tiebreaker so chances are it won't be needed anyway :smile:

(I'm afraid you actually got 9/10 as you got the number of cancelled streaming services wrong)

Really it said 10/10 on the end screen? **** knows what I put for it though 😂 please don’t rain on my parade though!
Original post by Napp
Really it said 10/10 on the end screen? **** knows what I put for it though 😂 please don’t rain on my parade though!

Sorry! :lol:
Reply 11
Original post by CatusStarbright
Sorry! :lol:

Hurumph :colonhash:. I want it on record that my feelings, and pride, are both damaged now :frown:
The scores are in and we have joint winners! (See the explanation below)

:king1: @Reality Check and @Napp (9 points)*
:king3: @JT_888 (8 points)
=4th: sufys, @CheeseIsVeg, @Raptor Jesus, @hungrysalamander, @Dell PC 2, @Andrew97 and @englishhopeful98 (7 points)
=11th: @Mesopotamian., @jemima0103, @Fibonacci28 and @Rakas21 (6 points)
=15th: @Saracen's Fez and @The Malevolent (5 points)

*If I was being mean then one of them would have lost on the tiebreaker for not specifying which currency they were working in, but I decided to be generous and give them credit for what was fundamentally a correct answer!

@Pink Unicorn could you please award the rep prize to our two winners?
Reply 13
yaay i finally won something, if technically :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending