The Student Room Group

do u regret losing ur virginity

do u regret losing ur virginity? the thought has crossed my mind and my friend's too. he's had s*x i think im not sure? but we're fwbs. as a muslim girl who cares abt her v card, do u think it matters if I lose it? i've always like the idea of being 'pure' but im not sure. i want to do it w him but im scared of pregnancy and im only 16 so...

Scroll to see replies

i think deep down i know i shouldn't do anything more w him but whats annoying is that i want to, but then go back to being a virgin after.
If you care about it, don't have your first time with a friend with benefits. You are likely to regret it if (when) that agreement ends.
No, I don't regret it.
I'm the one female in my family who does not support waiting until marriage.
My mother and maternal grandmother both do for religious reasons.

I ended the relationship shortly afterwards when it became clear that our ambitions and values were incompatible.
But it was very valuable life experience and I have many happy memories.

Always trust your gut instinct. :smile:
Put your health and physical safety first.
Being ready to consent to sex also includes being able to cope with all the most forseeable consequences.
Good luck!
I think only you can answer that question. Will you regret it with a fwb? Do you want to do it in the hopes that it will progress to a relationship? You can have sex with one person and then wait till someone else comes along to feel pure if feeling 'dirty' is what you're thinking?
Original post by LawApplicant03
Think you answered your own q there.

really? what did i say?
Original post by will.gh
u might prefer to lose it w someone ur actually w in a relationship. but its up to u, comes down to do u feel comfortable enough w him

i do feel comfortable w him, but i dont know where we stand currently
Original post by Anonymous
i do feel comfortable w him, but i dont know where we stand currently

If you feel 'deep down' that you shouldn't, I would wait until that feeling dissipates. If it doesn't, don't do it. As you said, you have your own moral standards, so trust yourself to make the right decision.
Original post by SagaciousSag
If you feel 'deep down' that you shouldn't, I would wait until that feeling dissipates. If it doesn't, don't do it. As you said, you have your own moral standards, so trust yourself to make the right decision.

okay, that's good advice, thank you
I dont regret losing mine, no
Reply 10
I never lose
No. Sex is amazing and great so I don't regret my first experience of it.
I’ll let you know when it happens.

To be serious though it’s up to you, don’t do anything you’ll think you’ll regret however.
No. I turned down the first few people who asked to sleep with me because I wasn't ready. Once I was I sought it out.
I don’t view it as this precious all mighty thing to have at all. I lost it to my first “serious” boyfriend. .. still I don’t think I would’ve cared if I lost it to a FWB.
Original post by xox416
I don’t view it as this precious all mighty thing to have at all. I lost it to my first “serious” boyfriend. .. still I don’t think I would’ve cared if I lost it to a FWB.

I agree. You're in fact gaining a new experience, rather than losing anything.
I've still got mine, so I'd say that I have no regrets over not losing yet.
Nope, I didn't particularly enjoy it, but I'm glad that I did. I personally don't feel like I needed to wait for 'the one', although I did when I was younger.
Original post by Anonymous
do u regret losing ur virginity? the thought has crossed my mind and my friend's too. he's had s*x i think im not sure? but we're fwbs. as a muslim girl who cares abt her v card, do u think it matters if I lose it? i've always like the idea of being 'pure' but im not sure. i want to do it w him but im scared of pregnancy and im only 16 so...

What was the need of saying that you’re a Muslim girl?
Bearing in mind that in islam, we believe that sex before marriage is completely forbidden. Yet you’re considering losing your virginity. This is just completely satire.
(edited 1 year ago)
no but if i were keeping my virginity for religious purposes i would regret losing it because i have betrayed what i believe in for something that's not nearly as important when you compare it to that. at the end of the day your conscience and peace of mind is all that matters.

if you don't follow Islam though then i don't know why you'd have regrets sleeping with your bf (sorry if i missed it :redface:)?

Quick Reply

Latest