The Student Room Group

Might do a gap year, reapplying 2023 for law- work experience?

Couple of questions.

When I reapply, how does the whole UCAS application work without your school/college? In regards to references etc. Do you use the same references as last year...? Also, I'm planning on waitressing, or bartending throughout my gap year to earn some money. How do I get law work experience though? I already have a couple online ones and one in person, can I rinse that again? Or it is imperative I do more work experience? I don't really know where to find work experience, I lucked out with the in person one.
I cant help on the application side of things, hopefully someone else can pick up on that. But as far as work experience goes, its by no means essential, and its really good that you already have some. You by no means ‘need’ to do anymore, but should you wish to in your spare time, you could contact some local firms directly and see if they will allow you to undertake some work experience?
Original post by Squiggles1238
I cant help on the application side of things, hopefully someone else can pick up on that. But as far as work experience goes, its by no means essential, and its really good that you already have some. You by no means ‘need’ to do anymore, but should you wish to in your spare time, you could contact some local firms directly and see if they will allow you to undertake some work experience?

I contacted almost 50 firms this year haha, and they all said no except for 2 but I had to turn them down. So I don't HAVE to do any but it'd be wise to?
Original post by LawApplicant03
I contacted almost 50 firms this year haha, and they all said no except for 2 but I had to turn them down. So I don't HAVE to do any but it'd be wise to?

Well like you say, you already have some experience, which a lot of applicants wont have, and it isnt essential anyway. I wouldnt stress about getting anymore, you dont really need it, so i wouldnt spend hours and hours emailing loooads of different firms. If you happen to get more, great, if you dont, theres nothing wrong with that and you wont be disadvantaged

Quick Reply

Latest