The Student Room Group

Need advice

So basically I always wanted to go to a top uni and study computer science and then go into tech but I really started enjoying football and basketball the past couple of months, and have been thinking about going into a career within them. It’s just that I’m 17 and I’m wondering if it’s too late as many of the pros within these sports started playing when they were very young.

I’m feeling pretty lost about this because I would like to try and put 100% effort into one of these sports but I’m not sure that if I do, I might waste my time and also mess up my studies.

My question is, what should I do?

I was thinking about focusing on my studies for now and once I get into a uni, I could see if I can get anywhere with sports. Does this sound like a good idea?
i think u should first complete ur studies and play these sports as a hobby
yes u should focus on ur studies but remember have fun too
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I always wanted to go to a top uni and study computer science and then go into tech but I really started enjoying football and basketball the past couple of months, and have been thinking about going into a career within them. It’s just that I’m 17 and I’m wondering if it’s too late as many of the pros within these sports started playing when they were very young.

I’m feeling pretty lost about this because I would like to try and put 100% effort into one of these sports but I’m not sure that if I do, I might waste my time and also mess up my studies.

My question is, what should I do?

I was thinking about focusing on my studies for now and once I get into a uni, I could see if I can get anywhere with sports. Does this sound like a good idea?

Focus on your studys and when your at uni join the sports teams. If sports are a big thing consider a uni like Loughborough where it’s massive for sports.
Original post by Anonymous
Focus on your studys and when your at uni join the sports teams. If sports are a big thing consider a uni like Loughborough where it’s massive for sports.

Would it not be too late if while at uni I choose to try and go pro in sports?

Quick Reply

Latest