The Student Room Group

the spirituality thread

Hi!! Any spiritual people here? I'm 17 years old and had my first awakening around a year and a half ago now. I've always been open and amazed with how the world is here however recently I've been getting really in depth about it, i even astral travelled last night for the first time, without even intending to. Anyway i just wondered as i dont know many spiritual people.
Original post by rosestudent
Hi!! Any spiritual people here? I'm 17 years old and had my first awakening around a year and a half ago now. I've always been open and amazed with how the world is here however recently I've been getting really in depth about it, i even astral travelled last night for the first time, without even intending to. Anyway i just wondered as i dont know many spiritual people.

Hi, Muslim here! If you have any questions feel free to message me or:
@StraightPath81
hi
Hey! I'm 18 and grew up being spiritual :smile: I've never astral travelled though! I'd love to learn how but I'm too scared to try 😂

Have not astral travelled, but you can train yourself to do it. I hear you can set your alarm in the middle of the night when your in the deepest sleep or something? I went to open circle when i was in my 30s' for about 4 years and close circle for a further 3. I wouldnt say im spiritual per say, as I think everyone has an ego, no matter how much we try to lose it. I think everyone has their own story and their own journey to take, and I do believe in reincarnation so we can learn new challenges in the next life, shouldn't we come across them in this life.
Original post by Ghostlady
Have not astral travelled, but you can train yourself to do it. I hear you can set your alarm in the middle of the night when your in the deepest sleep or something? I went to open circle when i was in my 30s' for about 4 years and close circle for a further 3. I wouldnt say im spiritual per say, as I think everyone has an ego, no matter how much we try to lose it. I think everyone has their own story and their own journey to take, and I do believe in reincarnation so we can learn new challenges in the next life, shouldn't we come across them in this life.

definitely, its hard to be really enlightened in todays society especially. I have became much less ego orientated since my awakenings but its hard to have a complete ego death.
Original post by Laurenalexa.x
Hey! I'm 18 and grew up being spiritual :smile: I've never astral travelled though! I'd love to learn how but I'm too scared to try 😂

Oh wow! That sounds fun, my family think I'm crazy! What things did they teach you?
Hi! Nice to find other people on here interested in spirituality as it’s not that common nowadays to come across them (especially the younger generation, those of us under 30). I had my spiritual awakening around 10 years ago. Tbh I don’t think ego death is that much more difficult now than it’s always been, we just have different distractions that people of the past didn’t. I like spiritual practices that apply to people living in cities and towns because I don’t think it’s very practical to have to run away to the remote Himalayas or somewhere similar to find abiding inner peace. That’s almost running away from the world, anyone can find tranquility in a remote forest, but if you can’t get closer to enlightenment in a crowd and in the hustle and bustle then what use is spirituality then? That’s why I like reading about gurus and enlightened individuals who strongly discouraged others to neglect worldly life and instead encouraged them to seek enlightenment while remaining very much in the world and carrying out their mundane duties. Can I ask, is there any particular spiritual practice or school that you follow?
(edited 1 year ago)
Oh wow! That sounds fun, my family think I'm crazy! What things did they teach you?

My mum taught me about things like crystals, meditation, herbs and their healing uses etc. I was always that kid collecting rocks, shells, twigs, leaves etc from outside 😂 its nice having someone to help me out though when needed. A lot of people think I'm crazy because of my beliefs and what I'll come out with, don't even worry 😂
I have black tourmaline. I used to host ghost hunting events for a living for a few years (hence the nickname they gave me), so this was always good for cleansing any type of negative energy. It also keeps me grounded as well. During meditation its very easy to float off and hard to come back and you feel very heady when you snap out of it, and thats not the best feeling. So by having your feet on the floor, with imagining roots growing down down deep into the ground from your feet, anchoring to the earth, it does help before meditation.
I have black tourmaline. I used to host ghost hunting events for a living for a few years (hence the nickname they gave me), so this was always good for cleansing any type of negative energy. It also keeps me grounded as well. During meditation its very easy to float off and hard to come back and you feel very heady when you snap out of it, and thats not the best feeling. So by having your feet on the floor, with imagining roots growing down down deep into the ground from your feet, anchoring to the earth, it does help before meditation.

I've attended a few paranormal investigations with my mum, I love going to them! I also always take black tourmaline haha. Do you have any interesting experiences that you wouldn't mind sharing?
I've attended a few paranormal investigations with my mum, I love going to them! I also always take black tourmaline haha. Do you have any interesting experiences that you wouldn't mind sharing?

ooh quite a few lol. I can tell you what we found (in our opinion of course) what is the most active.
1)Margam Castle South Wales - Apparition, Chair got thrown across the room, stones being thrown, shadows, voices, loud bangs, footsteps marching loudly (known for romans passing through back then)
2)Newsham Park Asylum Liverpool- Apparition in the school (was an orphanage as well). Slept in one of the wards with several others, to hear footsteps, the door opening, a female saying are you alright? Then footsteps walking off. We immediately checked, no one was there in the corridor and we in the room was the only ones in the building (there was 10 of us)
3)Stanley palace Chester - Multiple apparitions, great for table tipping, taps and bangs on command when asking for this accountant in the upstairs room.
4)Doncaster Air museum- Apparition was seen, also heard this call out from near a plane saying mayday , mayday. And it was no exhibits that made noise like that, we checked. Also theres like a stand made of wood, thats used for speeches? well we did a hand held seance round it and it started to wobble from side to side without any of us touching it.
5)Edinburgh Vaults- 2 guests got scratches, we heard jangling of keys, footsteps
6)Charlton House- Grenwich London- Footsteps, balls of light dancing around our knees downwards. never seen that before, but all of use witnessed it.
7)Ancient Ram Inn Gloucestershire Apparition of a young girl in the barn, growls in the barn, a guy froze for 3 mins and couldnt move. Growls up in the attic, whispers in my ear in the witches room,

These would be my top 7 places

https://ghosthuntsuk.wordpress.com/ they are all here :smile:

ooh sorry harwich redoubt fort too. got a whole rowing boat rocking on its own from side to side.
(edited 1 year ago)
ooh quite a few lol. I can tell you what we found (in our opinion of course) what is the most active.
1)Margam Castle South Wales - Apparition, Chair got thrown across the room, stones being thrown, shadows, voices, loud bangs, footsteps marching loudly (known for romans passing through back then)
2)Newsham Park Asylum Liverpool- Apparition in the school (was an orphanage as well). Slept in one of the wards with several others, to hear footsteps, the door opening, a female saying are you alright? Then footsteps walking off. We immediately checked, no one was there in the corridor and we in the room was the only ones in the building (there was 10 of us)
3)Stanley palace Chester - Multiple apparitions, great for table tipping, taps and bangs on command when asking for this accountant in the upstairs room.
4)Doncaster Air museum- Apparition was seen, also heard this call out from near a plane saying mayday , mayday. And it was no exhibits that made noise like that, we checked. Also theres like a stand made of wood, thats used for speeches? well we did a hand held seance round it and it started to wobble from side to side without any of us touching it.
5)Edinburgh Vaults- 2 guests got scratches, we heard jangling of keys, footsteps
6)Charlton House- Grenwich London- Footsteps, balls of light dancing around our knees downwards. never seen that before, but all of use witnessed it.
7)Ancient Ram Inn Gloucestershire Apparition of a young girl in the barn, growls in the barn, a guy froze for 3 mins and couldnt move. Growls up in the attic, whispers in my ear in the witches room,

These would be my top 7 places

https://ghosthuntsuk.wordpress.com/ they are all here :smile:

ooh sorry harwich redoubt fort too. got a whole rowing boat rocking on its own from side to side.

Woah that's all so cool! I'd love to have some experiences like these, I need to get back out there. Only issue at the minute is that everyone wants payment months upfront and there's no refunds so it's a bit of a risk :/

Thank you for the link also! I'm going to have a read up of some of these places :smile:
Woah that's all so cool! I'd love to have some experiences like these, I need to get back out there. Only issue at the minute is that everyone wants payment months upfront and there's no refunds so it's a bit of a risk :/

Thank you for the link also! I'm going to have a read up of some of these places :smile:

Usually some take a deposit and have to pay the rest 1 month before event date. The reason for this is because thats when the venues need paying up. They should give you a refund if an event does not go ahead. Certainly haunted happenings or spooky events would :smile:
Usually some take a deposit and have to pay the rest 1 month before event date. The reason for this is because thats when the venues need paying up. They should give you a refund if an event does not go ahead. Certainly haunted happenings or spooky events would :smile:

Thanks for the recommendations! We usually go with trusted local teams because there's a lot of people that fake stuff for attention/ entertainment. But I'll definitely look into those :smile:
I've tried a few meditation techniques including guided visualisation/ pathworking & have also had experiences with lucid dreaming & other altered states of consciousness. As far as the more paranormal side of things go, I'd say I lean towards being sceptical as I've not personally experienced anything to fully convince me & I'm aware of ways certain phenomena can be faked. However, I keep an open mind & find it interesting to hear about other people's experiences, beliefs etc.
We are all connected biologically. Chemically to the earth and atomically to the universe. Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending