The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Please help me choose my university.

I don’t understand why this question gets asked so often on TSR.

All universities are diverse. I have met people from 20 countries and pretty much every part of the UK since I started. It’s like this everywhere you attend.
Reply 2
Original post by Thisismyunitsr

All universities are diverse. I have met people from 20 countries and pretty much every part of the UK since I started. It’s like this everywhere you attend.

Struggling to believe that Shrewsbury university centre is equal in diversity to UCL

No person of colour would say this. There are some universities where you can feel very isolated due to the lack of diversity, especially if you’re from a diverse city like London.
Struggling to believe that Shrewsbury university centre is equal in diversity to UCL

If you attend your local university college then yes I suppose this is an exception.

No person of colour would say this. There are some universities where you can feel very isolated due to the lack of diversity, especially if you’re from a diverse city like London.

I don’t get it. Every university has some sort of society/section related to where you are from.
Reply 5
If you attend your local university college then yes I suppose this is an exception.

I don’t get it. Every university has some sort of society/section related to where you are from.

But there must be ‘real’ universities that are less diverse. Obviously it’s not something that they’d want to advertise
Please help me choose my university.

You want to go to a university that is not diverse...?
Reply 7
You want to go to a university that is not diverse...?

Yes
Yes

Why?
Probably most south korean unis.
Expensive tuition fees and living expenses, limited funding opportunities available to non-korean students, much lower awareness compared with in the uni's the uk/usa/india/japan/dubai.
(edited 2 years ago)
Why?

Because people like me should go to non diverse universities
Yes

Huh. No wonder you're posting this anonymously

wdym people like you? wtf

Uh oh. Are you being racist? .
What subjects are you considering studying for undergrad?
Which countries are you open to studying in?
Original post by londonmyst
What subjects are you considering studying for undergrad?
Which countries are you open to studying in?

Nursing.
I am limited by money

Are you looking to make a uni slightly more diverse as a minority or are you being racist?
As a nurse, will you refuse to treat someone not from your background if you're so against mixing with them?
(edited 2 years ago)
Are you genuinely interested in nursing?
Nursing.
I am limited by money

Have you checked out:
University of Hull
Northumbria University
Teesside University
University of Cumbria
University of Plymouth

Best to avoid considering unis in capital cities and all scottish unis because there are restrictions on the numbers of students admitted from the rest of the uk.
Original post by londonmyst
Have you checked out:
University of Hull
Northumbria University
Teesside University
University of Cumbria
University of Plymouth

Best to avoid considering unis in capital cities and all scottish unis because there are restrictions on the numbers of students admitted from the rest of the uk.

Thank you

Latest