The Student Room Group

Please please help

Hi, I'm a massive procrastinator, currently in my gcse year and have no motivation. In year 7-10 I uses to revise most days and it has come to year 11 and I can't be bothered. Younger me would be so mad at myself, I am addicted to my phone, got into the wrong type of friends (although they're really nice) I need help, I hate who I am now and need motivation, my brain constantly feels like a fog and I'm ashamed of who I have become, is it too late to start revising, please leave tips!
Original post by angelboo2323
Hi, I'm a massive procrastinator, currently in my gcse year and have no motivation. In year 7-10 I uses to revise most days and it has come to year 11 and I can't be bothered. Younger me would be so mad at myself, I am addicted to my phone, got into the wrong type of friends (although they're really nice) I need help, I hate who I am now and need motivation, my brain constantly feels like a fog and I'm ashamed of who I have become, is it too late to start revising, please leave tips!

Do you think the below helps at all?

General advice for lack of motivation:

Spoiler

My main advice when studying/revising for GCSEs and A-Levels:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Hey I was literally in the same position as u, but I came out with all 9s and 8s and one 7.
I would definitely say get rid of your phone , and don’t use it until u finish your tasks for the day. Like think of it as a reward and use if for 2/3 hours in the evening.

When your revising, out your phone out of sight!!! This is so important, either put it on a really high bookshelf or literally just leave it outside your door.
Don’t procrastinate + and do bit by bit, you still have time + make sure to do past papers AND LOOOM AND LEADN FROM HOUR CORRECTIONS! esp maths!
Hope that helps!
My daughter is also a terrible procrastinator. Left to her own devices, she'd sit and read fan fic all damned day.

I make her sit at the dining table when she's revising, and all the kids have a strict revision timetable.

Quick Reply

Latest