The Student Room Group

A-level subject combination advice.

I wish to do business, sociology and history, would that be okay? would this be a good subject combo? Otherwise, I hope to do Law or Literature, please can someone tip me on which combination would be better?
Reply 1
I heard that its better to do one essay writing subject, rather then two.
law doesn't have any subject requirements.
Original post by 2022 g
I heard that its better to do one essay writing subject, rather then two.

which subject combination would you advise?
History, Sociology and Business
or
History, Sociology and English Literature ???
Original post by studyburnout1026
or

Is there any chance that you might want to study an English degree?
That’s the only subject that the second combination would open up that the first wouldn’t work for.
I wish to do business, sociology and history, would that be okay? would this be a good subject combo? Otherwise, I hope to do Law or Literature, please can someone tip me on which combination would be better?

Good for what? It will be fine to study law at uni (I'm not sure there is a combination which isn't fine). If you want to study Eng Lit at uni, it would be unusual not to study Eng Lit A level and you would need to check the websites for universities you might want to apply for to see whether it is in fact a requirement. If it is, then three different A levels would not be okay - it would be an instant rejection.
For any sort of English degree you will need A level English.
Business isnt crucial for any degree so even if you are undecided about future Uni choices, English might be a better choice.
I know someone who did the exact same combination and so they probably work well together
I did sociology and business and they definitely go well together
Happy to answer any questions about either of these subjects
or

dont take any sort of english. it ruined my life. theres no structure to the course if youre someone who likes to have organised information and memorise it for an essay

Quick Reply

Latest