A-level subject combination advice.

Watch this thread
studyburnout1026
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I wish to do business, sociology and history, would that be okay? would this be a good subject combo? Otherwise, I hope to do Law or Literature, please can someone tip me on which combination would be better?
2022 g
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
I heard that its better to do one essay writing subject, rather then two.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
law doesn't have any subject requirements.
studyburnout1026
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by 2022 g)
I heard that its better to do one essay writing subject, rather then two.
which subject combination would you advise?
History, Sociology and Business
or
History, Sociology and English Literature ???
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by studyburnout1026)
or
Is there any chance that you might want to study an English degree?
That’s the only subject that the second combination would open up that the first wouldn’t work for.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I wish to do business, sociology and history, would that be okay? would this be a good subject combo? Otherwise, I hope to do Law or Literature, please can someone tip me on which combination would be better?
Good for what? It will be fine to study law at uni (I'm not sure there is a combination which isn't fine). If you want to study Eng Lit at uni, it would be unusual not to study Eng Lit A level and you would need to check the websites for universities you might want to apply for to see whether it is in fact a requirement. If it is, then three different A levels would not be okay - it would be an instant rejection.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
For any sort of English degree you will need A level English.
Business isnt crucial for any degree so even if you are undecided about future Uni choices, English might be a better choice.
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I know someone who did the exact same combination and so they probably work well together
I did sociology and business and they definitely go well together
Happy to answer any questions about either of these subjects
oceanflor
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
or
dont take any sort of english. it ruined my life. theres no structure to the course if youre someone who likes to have organised information and memorise it for an essay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (7)
28%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (11)
44%
First aid skills (2)
8%
Personal safety skills (0)
0%
Sign language (4)
16%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4%

Watched Threads