The Student Room Group

Who do you believe, Johnny Depp or Amber Heard??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2022 g
That one person who voted Amber wants to be so different.

Feminists :tongue:
I think their both liars and toxic. More so amber.
Want to hear her side.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by xox416
I think their both liars. More so amber.
Want to hear her side.

Why do you think Johnny is liar?
Johnny, but people need to remember this doesn't mean he's a good person. He's been insanely misogynistic and said really disgusting things throughout the whole court process.
There was a time when I actually believed (albeit reluctantly) that Johnny Depp had fallen from grace and was actually inflicting domestic abuse on Amber Heard owing to his problems with drugs. But after listening to everything that's come out during the trial, I'm fully supporting him in the court case. I hope he wins. Amber Heard is the devil on earth and everything she's done to this man, I wouldn't wish on anyone (male or female). Everything she's been accused of only demonstrates like concrete that women resort to shaming, reputation-destroying and (in this case) sabotaging a man's career to get what she wants. It will be interesting to see what kind of defence she tries to put up when her testimony starts, seeing as her lawyer is a bit of a plonker and her key witnesses have backed out of the trial. We've all heard the saying hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, but I think hell hath no fury like a woman backed into a corner is even more accurate here. We all know she's in the wrong, she's got nothing to prove she suffered any physical abuse, and her claims of having injuries have been contradicted already.

When (not if) Johnny Depp wins then I hope we will see a precedent of women who inflict domestic violence on men receiving equally as harsh punishments as men do. I really hope they don't let her off easily. There's been a lot of talk during the trial about how Depp lost his most famous role as Captain Jack Sparrow, but he was also dropped from the Fantastic Beasts franchise and been forced to change the roles he's done since way back when the accusations first started in 2016. So let's see Heard receive the same punishment: at the very least, being dropped from the Aquaman franchise and shunned from big Hollywood roles like Depp has been over the last few years. Any punishment less than this will really undermine the strength of a man's victory in a domestic abuse case against him.
Original post by rose.clm
Johnny, but people need to remember this doesn't mean he's a good person. He's been insanely misogynistic and said really disgusting things throughout the whole court process.

I could be wrong but I acc do think he's a good person just human and this entire thing is that Amber has blown his human side out of proportion to the point of ruining his life - but that's just how I feel about it.
Original post by Foxehh
A hard neither.

Yep. They are both abusive pond scum.
Original post by asif007
There was a time when I actually believed (albeit reluctantly) that Johnny Depp had fallen from grace and was actually inflicting domestic abuse on Amber Heard owing to his problems with drugs. But after listening to everything that's come out during the trial, I'm fully supporting him in the court case. I hope he wins. Amber Heard is the devil on earth and everything she's done to this man, I wouldn't wish on anyone (male or female). Everything she's been accused of only demonstrates like concrete that women resort to shaming, reputation-destroying and (in this case) sabotaging a man's career to get what she wants. It will be interesting to see what kind of defence she tries to put up when her testimony starts, seeing as her lawyer is a bit of a plonker and her key witnesses have backed out of the trial. We've all heard the saying hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, but I think hell hath no fury like a woman backed into a corner is even more accurate here. We all know she's in the wrong, she's got nothing to prove she suffered any physical abuse, and her claims of having injuries have been contradicted already.

When (not if) Johnny Depp wins then I hope we will see a precedent of women who inflict domestic violence on men receiving equally as harsh punishments as men do. I really hope they don't let her off easily. There's been a lot of talk during the trial about how Depp lost his most famous role as Captain Jack Sparrow, but he was also dropped from the Fantastic Beasts franchise and been forced to change the roles he's done since way back when the accusations first started in 2016. So let's see Heard receive the same punishment: at the very least, being dropped from the Aquaman franchise and shunned from big Hollywood roles like Depp has been over the last few years. Any punishment less than this will really undermine the strength of a man's victory in a domestic abuse case against him.

I also believed her in the beginning until I heard the tape's , you explained it better than me :smile:
Here's a link to one clip but you can find loads online.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LillyJane916/status/1520410650303942658
Isn't this for the court of law to decide, rather than the court of public opinion?
Original post by Allah's_Hijabi
do u trust the jury in the kyle rittenhouse trial?
I am not familiar with that case so couldn't comment. That also isn't the topic of this thread.
Original post by sushim4nia
it's an important case, it says a lot about how little people care about domestic abuse of men

It’s kinda sad how most MEN themselves don’t care about it. Twitter itself shows this, it’s literally only women who are supporting Johnny. Literally no men leaving any replies. Why is that? Why do men not care about their own cause but expect women to care about it??
Original post by goggleyed
It’s kinda sad how most MEN themselves don’t care about it. Twitter itself shows this, it’s literally only women who are supporting Johnny. Literally no men leaving any replies. Why is that? Why do men not care about their own cause but expect women to care about it??

A lot of people are disgusted by Johnny Depp's past behaviour going back decades before he met his former spouse and don't think that he or any of his legal actions deserve their support.
Original post by londonmyst
A lot of people are disgusted by Johnny Depp's past behaviour going back decades before he met his former spouse and don't think that he or any of his legal actions deserve their support.

Correct. Old enough to remember his past behaviour.
Im team Depp but the media bias against Heard is incredible, and they have the audacity to say it’s unfiltered news lol
i'm not following this at all but from what little i've seen they've probably both defamed each other; if they haven't done it in the past they sure have done it now (not proven in court but ykwim).

i don't know how or why this has turned so hard into boys vs girls. they're both suspect :colonhash:
Original post by 2022 g
That one person who voted Amber wants to be so different.

They must've misclicked
Original post by Genesiss
i'm not following this at all but from what little i've seen they've probably both defamed each other; if they haven't done it in the past they sure have done it now (not proven in court but ykwim).

i don't know how or why this has turned so hard into boys vs girls. they're both suspect :colonhash:

I agree.
some get too much satisfaction spitting on Heard though, the same looks that got her a place in Hollywood now get her twice the hate she would have gotten. People love to see perfection collapse more than they like seeing the truth emerge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending