The Student Room Group

My journey of weight loss

Hey, I'm 17 year old guy who was fat since his childhood. On 29th of october 2021, I decided to make a change. I weighed 113,8 kg (250,5 lbs) I'm also 6'3 ft tall, I bought one year gym membership and started going 5 days a week in gym. I managed to get to 205 lbs in 3-3,5 months, than I had a lot of school work and couldn't go to gym and didn't manage my diet. This week I decided to be consistent again with fym and diet, I weighed myself yesterday and I weighed 213 lbs, but I know I will lose that fat I gained pretty fast, the only problem I have is I know I look different and better also other people are telling me this, but I still have chest fat, love handles which I hate so much because they are big in my eyes, also my belly and thighs are kinda fat. My goal weight is 187 lbs or 185 lbs. And I think I still won't look at that weight because cmon I lost a lot of weight and I'm pretty tall, but still have all those fat areas, I'm losing motivation because of this. Is it maybe possible once I get under 200 lbs I will quickly lose fat at those stubborn areas or something. Because going under 185 lbs, I would be considered skinny

regards
If you keep working out those areas, you'll lose them eventually. Make sure that you're seeking sources of protein in your diet, as this should help you (alongside a caloric deficit) to lose body fat and replace it with muscle.
Original post by leo55544
Hey, I'm 17 year old guy who was fat since his childhood. On 29th of october 2021, I decided to make a change. I weighed 113,8 kg (250,5 lbs) I'm also 6'3 ft tall, I bought one year gym membership and started going 5 days a week in gym. I managed to get to 205 lbs in 3-3,5 months, than I had a lot of school work and couldn't go to gym and didn't manage my diet. This week I decided to be consistent again with fym and diet, I weighed myself yesterday and I weighed 213 lbs, but I know I will lose that fat I gained pretty fast, the only problem I have is I know I look different and better also other people are telling me this, but I still have chest fat, love handles which I hate so much because they are big in my eyes, also my belly and thighs are kinda fat. My goal weight is 187 lbs or 185 lbs. And I think I still won't look at that weight because cmon I lost a lot of weight and I'm pretty tall, but still have all those fat areas, I'm losing motivation because of this. Is it maybe possible once I get under 200 lbs I will quickly lose fat at those stubborn areas or something. Because going under 185 lbs, I would be considered skinny

regards

As a 6’3 male, you need to find your optimum weight. I am currently going through something similar, I have lost 1 and a half stone in 4 months of dieting.

Quick Reply

Latest