The Student Room Group

any advice or tips appreciated !!

i'm 16F, 5ft10 and 10st3. I want to slim down without gaining much visible muscle and look more toned. does anyone have any routines or suggested exercises to help ?? ¡ have access to a fully equipped gym and frequently do dance based cardio.
Well, if you want to just slim down, and again virtually NO muscle, then cardio is probably your best option: treadmill, stairmaster, sports etc.

But if you're ok with gaining a little bit of muscle (not too much), I recommend trying out some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). It's one of the most productive ways to lose fat and become fitter. Look for HIIT routines on YouTube, there's so many.

But the MOST IMPORTANT thing is your diet. You must eat below your maintenance calories (in lehman terms, eat less than what satisfies your hunger every day - MyFitnessPal is a great app to track calories). Please make sure you don't starve yourself, it's very unhealthy.

Sports-based cardio, like dance, is more fun, per say, but if you want productive 'fat-loss' sessions, go for some pure cardio/HIIT.

I am not an expert, just giving advice.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest