The Student Room Group

A level RS- Gender and Sexuality

Does anyone know what points they would mention for/against for this question
‘Transgender issues challenge Christian beliefs about God as creator’ Evaluate this claim
"God created man in his image"

Humans are created in Gods image. Transgender issues counteract that as In the book of Psalms, David writes in chapter 139 verses 13 and 14:

“for it was You who created my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I will praise You because I have been fearfully and wonderfully made”.

God created people wonderfully = they are perfect as they are.
Original post by LawApplicant03
"God created man in his image"

Humans are created in Gods image. Transgender issues counteract that as In the book of Psalms, David writes in chapter 139 verses 13 and 14:

“for it was You who created my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I will praise You because I have been fearfully and wonderfully made”.

God created people wonderfully = they are perfect as they are.

The logical end-point of this would be that God intended for humans not to practice any medical intervention at all.
Original post by anarchism101
The logical end-point of this would be that God intended for humans not to practice any medical intervention at all.

Is there a quote to support that?
Is there a quote to support that?

I don't completely agree with the exact wording of anarchism101's response, but logically if God created people to be perfect as they are then congenital defects would simply not exist; or at least it would be immoral to correct them as it is God's will
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by vapordave
I don't completely agree with the exact wording of anarchism101's response, but logically if God created people to be perfect as they are then congenital defects would simply not exist; or at least it would be immoral to correct them as it is God's will

Ah, I see. How would you link it back to Transgender Issues within the question?
Ah, I see. How would you link it back to Transgender Issues within the question?

don't mind me; i'm just being a contrarian :lol:
although it can be applied to a myriad of things that many christians would not take umbrage with, your argument is valid in my opinion
Original post by vapordave
don't mind me; i'm just being a contrarian :lol:
although it can be applied to a myriad of things that many christians would not take umbrage with, your argument is valid in my opinion

Love a good contrarian. Of course, I could go on forever. I had a couple more points OP could add but I'm in too much pain to expand and list them all haha! Wish I took RS!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending