Cardiff or Swansea University?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm hoping to study Pharmacy or a similar degree at Swansea or Cardiff University. Though, I'm not sure which university I want to go to.

1. Cardiff is a Russel group university
2. Swansea seems to be ranked 1st for Medicine

Personally, Swansea is more practical for me but going to Cardiff is still a possibility for me. But, Cardiff seems to be more prestigious since it's a Russel group university. Would it matter which university I go to - would it look better on my CV if I graduated from Cardiff rather than Swansea or does that not matter? Is the degree all that matters? If you go to Swansea or Cardiff - do you regret it? How are you finding it? Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!
Flutterby8
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hi!

I applied for Pharmacy at Bath and Cardiff, not Swansea, but both Swansea and Cardiff are good universities.
Personally, I am biased towards Cardiff as it is my firm, and I live the closest to it - but it was also 1st for Pharmacy in 2021, soooo... that's why I chose Cardiff.
I know that Swansea have recently spent more money on its science facilities, but as you rightly point out: Cardiff is a Russel Group University. (they also have their own block for Pharmacy!)

I think that it depends on the grades that they want you to achieve and whether you think you can achieve them. If you are unsure, ask both unis why you should pick them, what facilities they have, and then hopefully that will help you decide.

I hope this has helped!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Flutterby8)
Hi!

I applied for Pharmacy at Bath and Cardiff, not Swansea, but both Swansea and Cardiff are good universities.
Personally, I am biased towards Cardiff as it is my firm, and I live the closest to it - but it was also 1st for Pharmacy in 2021, soooo... that's why I chose Cardiff.
I know that Swansea have recently spent more money on its science facilities, but as you rightly point out: Cardiff is a Russel Group University. (they also have their own block for Pharmacy!)

I think that it depends on the grades that they want you to achieve and whether you think you can achieve them. If you are unsure, ask both unis why you should pick them, what facilities they have, and then hopefully that will help you decide.

I hope this has helped!
Thank you! Have you started your degree in Pharmacy yet at Cardiff or are you starting in September?
Flutterby8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
I'm hopefully starting in September if I get the grades!
iEndeavor
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I'm hopefully starting in September if I get the grades!
same here !
Flutterby8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iEndeavor)
same here !
What grades do you need?
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Swansea is by far the superior university. We scoff at the Cardiff students choice of education

(You have literally chosen the biggest rivalry in Wales to compare) :catfight:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
Swansea is by far the superior university. We scoff at the Cardiff students choice of education

(You have literally chosen the biggest rivalry in Wales to compare) :catfight:
Hahahahah I know! It's a difficult situation to be in at the moment! The Pharmacy course for Swansea is so new as well it's really difficult to pick
iEndeavor
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What grades do you need?
got an unconditional atm !!
Flutterby8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Omg, that's amazing!!

May I ask how you managed that? I really wish I could have got that. It would save a lot of stress 😂
Last edited by Flutterby8; 1 month ago
iEndeavor
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Omg, that's amazing!!

May I ask how you managed that? I really wish I could have got that. It would save a lot of stress 😂
wait, i'll send you a dm !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads