I'm I required to take AS level examinations before doing A level exams.

Watch this thread
NibbaListic97
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Lets say I've studied my AS and A level subjects and I have everything I need to pass it but I didn't take the AS level exams. Do I need to take AS level exams before doing the A level exams?
spectrum84
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
It depends on your college.
At my college, we did both AS and A Level in year 13 but some colleges to AS a year before. You would have to ask.
NibbaListic97
Rep:
(Original post by spectrum84)
It depends on your college.
At my college, we did both AS and A Level in year 13 but some colleges to AS a year before. You would have to ask.
Sorry that I wasn't clear enough but I meant whether I could take A level exams as a private candidate without AS levels.
juicygcse
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by NibbaListic97)
Sorry that I wasn't clear enough but I meant whether I could take A level exams as a private candidate without AS levels.
Since they introduced linear A levels a few years ago most people (in England anyway) don't take AS levels anyway - so basically no, AS levels are not required to do the A level
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by NibbaListic97)
As mentioned above, if you are taking A levels in England from AQA, EDUQAS, OCR or Pearson/Edexcel then you only need to take the A level exams and NOT AS.

If you are doing international A levels, they remain modular and you take both AS and A2 exams.
NibbaListic97
Rep:
(Original post by gdunne42)
As mentioned above, if you are taking A levels in England from AQA, EDUQAS, OCR or Pearson/Edexcel then you only need to take the A level exams and NOT AS.

If you are doing international A levels, they remain modular and you take both AS and A2 exams.
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (46)
26.14%
As I expected (58)
32.95%
Harder (64)
36.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.55%

Watched Threads