The Student Room Group

advice on fasting for ramadan when I haven’t had a bowel movement for days and feel

bloated whenever I eat. Should I fast or not?
Original post by Anonymous
bloated whenever I eat. Should I fast or not?

Have you tried doing exercise after iftaar? Prayer can really help but sometimes you still have that feeling.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TriplexA
Have you tried doing exercise after iftaar? Prayer can really help but sometimes you still have that feeling.

I stopped fasting because it made one of my other health conditions worse so thats what I mean by bloating feeling gets worse every time I eat. I haven’t had a bowel movement for days and I feel bloated everytime I eat because of this.
My bro said try drinking coffee? Sounds odd but that helped him the last time he was in that situ. Then once everything’s sorted make sure you’re eating enough fiber-contained foods (eg: weetabix) when you can ofc :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
I lost my appetite, my bmi is low anyway and I had this constipation/bowel issue when I was a baby now again as an adult
its like I can’t breathe
It'd be wise to see your GP who could prescribe some medication for you as this does sound concerning.

If fasting does become too challenging please do take care and prioritise your health :smile:

Best wishes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TriplexA
It'd be wise to see your GP who could prescribe some medication for you as this does sound concerning.

If fasting does become too challenging please do take care and prioritise your health :smile:

Best wishes.

I was thinking to start fasting again because of this problem which makes it uncomfortable when I do eat
Have you tried using a laxative? Go to your local pharmacy and they can recommend something, but yes if you aren't feeling well and think something is wrong, book a GP appointment.
Original post by justjas33
My bro said try drinking coffee? Sounds odd but that helped him the last time he was in that situ. Then once everything’s sorted make sure you’re eating enough fiber-contained foods (eg: weetabix) when you can ofc :smile:

yeah I heard that coffee/tea (caffeine) can stimulate bowel movements. Drinking tea in the morning definitely helped me when I was constipated.
Also to the OP make sure you drink enough water - you need more water when you consume more fiber or else you will become more constipated than you were before
Original post by Anonymous
its like I can’t breathe

I've had this. Go on a walk, drink warm/hot water or have something high in fibre, like beans or porridge, as a meal. Keep drinking lots of water, too. Also, see a doctor about it if it's been around for a long time.

Quick Reply

Latest