What age would be ideal for studying Japanese in Japan ?

Watch this thread
Muichiro Tokito
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
At what age / academic year would be best ?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Muichiro Tokito)
Hi there.

I don't necessarily think age should be a factor for studying.

If you feel ready as a person i.e. confidence wise, living away from family, being able to adapt to a new language, culture and environment etc. then go for it!

Best wishes
Last edited by TriplexA; 2 months ago
umbrellala
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Muichiro Tokito)
Once you get past primary school age, it doesn't really make much difference. The consensus among linguists tends to be that at around that age you lose the ability to pick up languages as easily, so generally the younger the better. But being able to study as a teenager or young adult in school/uni is particularly good as you'll tend to be more social, and there is a structure set up for you to make friends and be as immersed as possible. This gets more difficult as you get into the world of work and have less time to yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.42%
As I expected (67)
31.6%
Harder (81)
38.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.77%

Watched Threads