The Student Room Group

Is this diet ok

Breakfast: slimfast and egg whites
lunch: salad with veg
dinner: chicken/fish with veg and cauliflower rice
snacks: apple and healthy nut butter, small amount of brown rice, sweet potato rice, 1 mini tortilla (100 calories)

current weight: 9 and a half stone and 5ft and 30GG - size 12
want to be 8 and a half stone - 10/12
Reply 1
Original post by stickylikehoney
snacks: apple and healthy nut butter, small amount of brown rice, sweet potato rice, 1 mini tortilla (100 calories)

Yes, this is extremely healthy. You will definitely get your dream body/weight in no time soon. Good luck. 😉
Was the chicken or fish fried?
What types of drinks do you consume?
How much daily execise do you do and what type?
Original post by londonmyst
Was the chicken or fish fried?
What types of drinks do you consume?
How much daily execise do you do and what type?

I'll go to the gym every 2-3 days
lots of water, the only drink is slim fast and occasional low fat hot choc
chicken is cooked in firelight spray and so is fish
Original post by chans02
Yes, this is extremely healthy. You will definitely get your dream body/weight in no time soon. Good luck. 😉

I have pcos, a hormone problem which causes weight gain, so might not be so simple.
but I can try!
I don't think slimfast is particularly healthy or necessary.
Original post by YaliaV123
I don't think slimfast is particularly healthy or necessary.

Yeah, it is also very expensive,
but if I just have egg white I won't feel full
I'll go to the gym every 2-3 days
lots of water, the only drink is slim fast and occasional low fat hot choc
chicken is cooked in firelight spray and so is fish

Your diet is quite good.
If you don't have any allergies, you can add some nuts into your snacks.
Its is fine to substitute some legume based dishes for the chicken if you get bored.

Try to do some low to mid intensity youtube exercise workouts most days when you are not going to the gym and some extra walking or jogging a few times a week.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
Your diet is quite good.
If you don't have any allergies, you can add some nuts into your snacks.
Its is fine to substitute some legume based dishes for the chicken if you get bored.

Try to do some low to mid intensity youtube exercise workouts most days when you are not going to the gym and some extra walking or jogging a few times a week.
Good luck!

I have pcos, even though I only eat about 1000 cals a day im about 2kg overweight :frown:
I've lost about a stone and a half since lockdown and now trying to get stricter so I can lose another
maybe a cheat meal once a week
I have a wedding on Sunday, so obvs this goes out the window on certain occasions
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Yeah, it is also very expensive,
but if I just have egg white I won't feel full

So have eggs, with veg like spinach, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms; poached or scrambled. Or something like mackerel with spinach. Have them on toast.

Ditch the slimfast and have a proper breakfast.

Salad is veg; make sure you have some protein in there.

Get some more carbs into your diet; your body needs it. Why not have wraps or sandwiches at lunch, brown rice with your evening meal? Learn to make sauces and use herbs and spices to make your evening meal more interesting.

You don't need snacks if you are eating properly.

Size 10/12 - in which shop exactly? Aiming for a dress size is unrealistic as there is no industry standard. Plus, losing weight won't guarantee you'll lose fat from particular places to get into a certain size. Be a healthy weight, and that's fine.
I have pcos, even though I only eat about 1000 cals a day im about 2kg overweight :frown:
I've lost about a stone and a half since lockdown and now trying to get stricter so I can lose another
maybe a cheat meal once a week
I have a wedding on Sunday, so obvs this goes out the window on certain occasions

PCOS makes it harder but far from impossible.
With lots of daily effort and exercise, you will meet your weight loss target & reduce your body fat %. :smile:

Over the pandemic, I have helped several obese crime survivors lose weight through changing their dietary habits and lifestyles to include more exercise.
One hate crime survivor with PCOS and other serious heath problems has lost more than 11 stone.
An obese rape survivor who was bingeing on comfort food for 11 years has gone down six dress sizes and given up eating junk food over the pandemic.
Original post by Surnia
Ditch the slimfast and have a proper breakfast.

Salad is veg; make sure you have some protein in there.

Get some more carbs into your diet; your body needs it. Why not have wraps or sandwiches at lunch, brown rice with your evening meal? Learn to make sauces and use herbs and spices to make your evening meal more interesting.

You don't need snacks if you are eating properly.

Size 10/12 - in which shop exactly? Aiming for a dress size is unrealistic as there is no industry standard. Plus, losing weight won't guarantee you'll lose fat from particular places to get into a certain size. Be a healthy weight, and that's fine.

people always say this on the student room like how you can't define by sizes because they say like "im a size 8 in this shop and a size 12 in this" I know sizes can vary from shop to shop and we all carry our weight differently but I think everyone knows what the sizes look like GENERALLY (obvs there are exceptions)

Like I think the sizes look like this on the average girl with an average build and height and muscle mass and curves
size 6 - very skinny
size 8 - skinny
size 10 - slim
size 12 - average
size 14 - chubby
size 16 - big
size 18 - fat
obviously, we all carry weight differently. a tall girl who is a size 10 might look skinny, or a girl with big boobs might need a 12 on top to accommodate them and be slim. or a girl might be size 10 in Topshop or 12 in another... but that doesn't matter im speaking GENERALLY this is what it looks like as an overview

I know my body type, when im only wearing size 12 I feel chubby and thats usually when im overweight slightly and dont feel confident
when im size 10-12 my weight is in the normal range, but I feel like I carry a little more than I should/could do with loosing more
when im mostly a size 10 and only sometimes need a 12, that's when I feel slim and happy and confident
people always say this on the student room like how you can't define by sizes because they say like "im a size 8 in this shop and a size 12 in this" I know sizes can vary from shop to shop and we all carry our weight differently but I think everyone knows what the sizes look like GENERALLY (obvs there are exceptions)

Like I think the sizes look like this on the average girl with an average build and height and muscle mass and curves
size 6 - very skinny
size 8 - skinny
size 10 - slim
size 12 - average
size 14 - chubby
size 16 - big
size 18 - fat
obviously, we all carry weight differently. a tall girl who is a size 10 might look skinny, or a girl with big boobs might need a 12 on top to accommodate them and be slim. or a girl might be size 10 in Topshop or 12 in another... but that doesn't matter im speaking GENERALLY this is what it looks like as an overview

I know my body type, when im only wearing size 12 I feel chubby and thats usually when im overweight slightly and dont feel confident
when im size 10-12 my weight is in the normal range, but I feel like I carry a little more than I should/could do with loosing more
when im mostly a size 10 and only sometimes need a 12, that's when I feel slim and happy and confident

Now I'm going to ask you to define 'average', but if they are that build, how do they have muscles and curves?

To show you how ridiculous sizes are, I couldn't fit into a size 22 jacket in M&S. That's at 5' 9" and 9 stone 7 pounds. I have clothes from a size 10 to a size 16, and in no way is a size 14 chubby!

However, this shouldn't detract from the fact that your proposed diet isn't great. You shouldn't be having something processed to fill you up, because you shouldn't be eating and still feeling hungry. Have you calculated your calorie intake on this? Wheres the variety to make it sustainable? How will.you eat to maintain weight in future? Plus if you are only 2kg overweight, why do you want to lose a lot more weight?
Reply 14

I wouldn’t recommend eating the same thing everyday that may encourage you to binge
Original post by Surnia
Now I'm going to ask you to define 'average', but if they are that build, how do they have muscles and curves?

To show you how ridiculous sizes are, I couldn't fit into a size 22 jacket in M&S. That's at 5' 9" and 9 stone 7 pounds. I have clothes from a size 10 to a size 16, and in no way is a size 14 chubby!

However, this shouldn't detract from the fact that your proposed diet isn't great. You shouldn't be having something processed to fill you up, because you shouldn't be eating and still feeling hungry. Have you calculated your calorie intake on this? Wheres the variety to make it sustainable? How will.you eat to maintain weight in future? Plus if you are only 2kg overweight, why do you want to lose a lot more weight?

yes I think on the average girl size 14 is chubby. Not fat, chubby.
I feel like standing at only 5ft tall 9 and a half stone is deffo too big for my height.
I really should be about 8 stone and in size 10 clothes mostly if I wanna look my best. Which means I have to lose about a stone and a half so it is quite a lot of weight
yes I think on the average girl size 14 is chubby. Not fat, chubby.
I feel like standing at only 5ft tall 9 and a half stone is deffo too big for my height.
I really should be about 8 stone and in size 10 clothes mostly if I wanna look my best. Which means I have to lose about a stone and a half so it is quite a lot of weight

Again, don't make generalisations as a size 14 is not necessarily chubby, and stop getting hung up on dress sizes. What measurements do you think are a size 8? You can be in the correct range for your BMI and still not fit into a dress size that you want because of your build, eg broad shoulders, wide hips, big boobs. Concentrate on being a healthy weight.

You should have a heavy breakfast & lunch. And, your dinner diet should be light for good digestion. It'll also help you to make an active, energetic, and healthy lifestyle. Your belly fat will also reduce if you have it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Nice that from the responses here, people don't seem to think I need to lose much weight or do anything drastic! Even though I worry so much and basically hate myself for being 2 or 3kg overweight
Original post by Surnia
So have eggs, with veg like spinach, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms; poached or scrambled. Or something like mackerel with spinach. Have them on toast.

What to have for better focus in studies.. and also which reduces sleep?! I mean i dont know why but i am always sleepy no matter how long i sleep. Whenever i wake up, i wake up being really tired triggering me to fall asleep. Also, when i eat , i feel sleepy again. I know i am now making no sense but still help me...and what to eat or do to decrease stress. Also how to decrease sleep ?

Quick Reply

Latest