The Student Room Group

working is making my health problem worse

I just want to give up everything, I hate my traineeship, you don’t even get money. All I want to do is sleep all day and using bright light gadgets like computers/laptops/phones even make my problems worse, but you can’t not work can you?
Reply 1
You always have options in life but they come with consequences. What do you see as the benefits of the traineeship afterwards and what are the positives of putting up with the sides of this you don't like? I'm not sure if this is a 'one off' reaction or a chronic 'hate my job' going forward. A significant proportion of the population hate their jobs but it is a means to an end, it brings in money to live. No one tells you that at college or Uni. All work has its downside, and it really helps to get the social support from your co-workers to lighten things up.

Do you find the idea of training worthwhile but find the hard work difficult to cope with?

If you didn't do your trainee posting what would you want to do?

How easy is it to find something else?

What are your financial liabilities right now - what are your family liabilities or is there 'just you' If your financial obligations are minimal you have more options rather than to be beholden to someone to keep paying off the debts?

Find someone you can talk this through with - either from your local citizens advice or your college (if you are still connected) or your GP if you feel you have a health problem. Take control of the situation and then do something about it. There is always another way, another possibility but take time to think things through.
Original post by Muttly
You always have options in life but they come with consequences. What do you see as the benefits of the traineeship afterwards and what are the positives of putting up with the sides of this you don't like? I'm not sure if this is a 'one off' reaction or a chronic 'hate my job' going forward. A significant proportion of the population hate their jobs but it is a means to an end, it brings in money to live. No one tells you that at college or Uni. All work has its downside, and it really helps to get the social support from your co-workers to lighten things up.

Do you find the idea of training worthwhile but find the hard work difficult to cope with?

If you didn't do your trainee posting what would you want to do?

How easy is it to find something else?

What are your financial liabilities right now - what are your family liabilities or is there 'just you' If your financial obligations are minimal you have more options rather than to be beholden to someone to keep paying off the debts?

Find someone you can talk this through with - either from your local citizens advice or your college (if you are still connected) or your GP if you feel you have a health problem. Take control of the situation and then do something about it. There is always another way, another possibility but take time to think things through.

Are these questions you expect me to answer or do you advise me to speak to someone about this?

I hate every job that I have, as it will never meet my standards. I wanted to complete college and go to uni but I couldn’t due to my issues, so now I am stuck at entry level manual dead end working class jobs rather than a hard graduate job or a job that I like. I like studying and revising. I didn’t plan on getting a rubbish low level job and lower my aspirations and expectations like that.
You should take a day or two days off. To be in silent and without distractions. Maybe to write down all that you have in your head. You may find something interesting. What you really want to do? What will be after you finish traineeship? Is it worse to continue? Write down all advantages and disadvantages. Give yourself time(a week/month) to make a decision.
Original post by AndreasBench
You should take a day or two days off. To be in silent and without distractions. Maybe to write down all that you have in your head. You may find something interesting. What you really want to do? What will be after you finish traineeship? Is it worse to continue? Write down all advantages and disadvantages. Give yourself time(a week/month) to make a decision.

its never going to be what I want to do. I’m living the rubbish poor dumb life.
Original post by Anonymous
its never going to be what I want to do. I’m living the rubbish poor dumb life.

Are you letting off steam here or are you looking for practical advice?
Original post by Admit-One
Are you letting off steam here or are you looking for practical advice?

well everything that I do reminds me of the past, and I am always complaining about how right now the traineeship saying how its too much for me and being productive is making my issues worse, and how its also piss easy that a baby can do but it is still making my issues worse. If you’re going to complain about something you may as well drop out of everything.
You don't say what your issues are, but are there any jobs you COULD do? There's nothing wrong with not working if your health issues genuinely mean you can't - but maybe you just need to look at different kinds of jobs?
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
You don't say what your issues are, but are there any jobs you COULD do? There's nothing wrong with not working if your health issues genuinely mean you can't - but maybe you just need to look at different kinds of jobs?

My kind of work is not in digital marketing thats for sure, I can do it but I hate it, thats what the traineeship is in, I can do the piss easy jobs but on a normal day, I would want a hard job that is academically challenging.

Quick Reply

Latest