The Student Room Group

Speaking language questions

for languages like french, german and spanish, are the speaking questions they ask all the same?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by yashee
for languages like french, german and spanish, are the speaking questions they ask all the same?

if this is gcse speaking then yeah they are generally the same (as someone who took spanish and french at gcse).

The speaking questions in french will be slightly more complex/hard because you've been studying french consistently since year 7 according to the national curriculum

but you get to choose the topic you want in each part of the speaking (some rules like choosing from the different units) so use it strategically.
Reply 2
Original post by JA03
if this is gcse speaking then yeah they are generally the same (as someone who took spanish and french at gcse).

The speaking questions in french will be slightly more complex/hard because you've been studying french consistently since year 7 according to the national curriculum

but you get to choose the topic you want in each part of the speaking (some rules like choosing from the different units) so use it strategically.

ohhh I see thanks!
Original post by yashee
ohhh I see thanks!

here’s my tips.

so i had the photo card,
general conversation

for the general conversation - choose a topic where you’re quick on your feet because its really about keeping the momentum of the convo going.

for the photo card,

use your opinions phrases and select the second topic you feel you know the most topic specific vocab because that can really up your grade.

bc i did my speaking last year. there was no roleplay
Reply 4
Original post by JA03
here’s my tips.

so i had the photo card,
general conversation

for the general conversation - choose a topic where you’re quick on your feet because its really about keeping the momentum of the convo going.

for the photo card,

use your opinions phrases and select the second topic you feel you know the most topic specific vocab because that can really up your grade.

bc i did my speaking last year. there was no roleplay

thanks i recently did it and i did quite well :smile:
Original post by yashee
thanks i recently did it and i did quite well :smile:

glad to hear it!! i hope my tips relieved any stress and if you want, i have tips for writing, listening and reading too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending