The Student Room Group

A level history

Hi guys, I’m doing aqa a level Russian history and honestly I’m not understanding it at all any advice or resources your know of? Thank you!
The Internet
Reply 2
Original post by tinyperson
The Internet

Helpful!👍
Reply 3
Ahhh my favourite topic. Is this regarding coursework? Otherwise, is there something specific within this area you're struggling with?
Reply 4
Original post by Sinnoh
Ahhh my favourite topic. Is this regarding coursework? Otherwise, is there something specific within this area you're struggling with?

Hi, thank your for the reply! I’m only in my first year yet I’ll be starting the coursework soon, the main things im struggling with is just getting to grips with it all and understanding it. There’s a lot of content and information and we’re currently using the Oxford aqa history book to learn our content however it’s a lot of waffle and very wordy. I’ve tried to find more condensed materials and books but there isn’t really much out there so it’s all just very confusing to me :/
Reply 5
Original post by Ameera18
Hi, thank your for the reply! I’m only in my first year yet I’ll be starting the coursework soon, the main things im struggling with is just getting to grips with it all and understanding it. There’s a lot of content and information and we’re currently using the Oxford aqa history book to learn our content however it’s a lot of waffle and very wordy. I’ve tried to find more condensed materials and books but there isn’t really much out there so it’s all just very confusing to me :/

Try making one big timeline of the period, sounds obvious but it really does help clear things up.
As for resources, I did OCR and used a textbook by Michael Lynch which was pretty concise, would recommend. What years does AQA cover?

Finally as an overview of the entire topic and probably more besides, Revolutionary Russia 1891-1991 by Orlando Figes is quite good. He writes well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending