The Student Room Group

Weight loss please

I need to lose weight over the next few months and want to kick start it by doing some sort of diet. But then I want to be able to maintain it and change my lifestyle to he healthier. I keep binge eating and in the past my weight has fluctuated a lot. Where I’ve used different diets, under eaten and over exercised. I’ve been underweight and overweight but never happy with my body. I’d like to seek professional advice but anyone who has experienced a similar situation, found something that works for you. I would love any advice and suggestions I can get! I want this to be a healthy and sustainable way to lose weight
It’s best to find your optimum weight, a healthy balanced life style does not mean being really slim. I’ve lost 1 stone and a half from 4-5 months of exercise and diets. Binge eating is something which can be stopped, if you buy protein snacks, and drinks and stop eating so much you can get rid of the craving. :smile:
tracking method:

if you can buy your own foods use myfitnesspal to eat a deficit. focusing on foods with high satiety and increase protein intake

if you cba tracking macros;

do ketogenic intermittent fasting 3x a week
Original post by twentystraveller
I need to lose weight over the next few months and want to kick start it by doing some sort of diet. But then I want to be able to maintain it and change my lifestyle to he healthier. I keep binge eating and in the past my weight has fluctuated a lot. Where I’ve used different diets, under eaten and over exercised. I’ve been underweight and overweight but never happy with my body. I’d like to seek professional advice but anyone who has experienced a similar situation, found something that works for you. I would love any advice and suggestions I can get! I want this to be a healthy and sustainable way to lose weight

You need to be in some kind of calorie deficit so workout how many calories your consuming and burning a day and make sure your burning more than your consuming. The nice thing about this method is you don’t need to cut anything out so long as you stay in deficit make sure you get some exercise as well I don’t need to loose weight right now but I have herd that is how it’s done.
Thank you. I think my main problem is that I’m too lazy. How can I get started in a calorie deficit?
First you need to work out your basal metabolic rate. This is the calories that you burn whilst at rest and doing absolutely nothing. You will need your age, height, weight and sex for this. Then you need to give an estimate for your physical activity levels and your maintenance calories can be worked out from there. You then subtract 300-500 calories off your maintenance calories to be in a deficit, this is pretty standard. If you want to be in a deficit you need to burn more than you consume. If you private message me I can work it out for you...I'm training to be a PT so am happy to help :smile:
Yes please
Original post by twentystraveller
Yes please

Message me with your age, height, sex and weight then and what you roughly think your activity levels are i.e. do you do little to no exercise, exercise everyday or go to the gym 3-4 times a week etc etc and I'll work it out from there
Original post by ellielo
My mom started to have her menopause few months ago and she put a lot of weight even without eating too much etc.
Do you think this is normal and diets she should try? She feels very depressed lately.

I think it's quite normal and common because of hormonal changes i.e. the drop in estrogen levels which can cause greater fat storage.

Quick Reply

Latest