The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
SiAnY
Posh school :p:

:p: It's a boring old grammar school actually, which refuses to change it's ancient traditions for modern ones. Whenever it's snowing, and all the schools in the area shut, you can guarantee mine will still be open (even though I live too far away to go in anyway heh :biggrin:).
Reply 21
VixenIW
I have to wear my school uniform!! If we dont have our ties done up perfectly and exactly the right uniform we are in trouble! I quite like wearing uniform though because I feel more schooly so I can concentrate and Im always just the right temperature in it :smile:

I hated my uniform. So dull. But worse still... it was too hot in summer and too cold in winter. The whole thing was a joke. I was so glad to salt it thoroughly and burn it at the end of year 11! :rolleyes:
Reply 22
glance
:p: It's a boring old grammar school actually, which refuses to change it's ancient traditions for modern ones. Whenever it's snowing, and all the schools in the area shut, you can guarantee mine will still be open (even though I live too far away to go in anyway heh :biggrin:).

Sounds like my old school and that was in the south too
Reply 23
SiAnY
Oops I just assumed this thread was for AL students, god knows why. Me silly :smile:

I had to wear uniform for my A-Levels!

Last year I just wore clothes that would keep me cool, as it was baking. One of the exam halls was air-conditioned though, which made for an interesting experience! Oh, and never wear sandals for a steeplechase exam (not that this will affect most people)
This summer will be my first experience of wearing what I want for exams :biggrin: I won't wear anything special though, just the kind of thing I always wear for sixth form; top, skirt/cool trousers, short socks and trainers.
Reply 25
We have to wear school uniform for exams.
I wear something nice - nothing fancy, I just make sure I'm wearing my favourite pants and nice clothes, just to get the day off to a good start.
Reply 27
no, coats wont be an issue for me - problem is that I am talking june exams in Cambridge - i.e. stuffy senate house. i will stick to lose cotton clothes.
xxx
Reply 28
Bezza
Anyone who complains about uniform/suit should see what oxford students have to wear :frown:

i, erm.. quite enjoy it. :biggrin:
Thong and cow boy hat
Reply 30
We're not allowed to wear jeans for our exams :frown: Although I might risk it this year since I'll be leaving after them. I tend to wear loose trousers, t-shirt, jumpertype thing, and bring a jacket. My mum always advised me to take lots of layers in case I got too cold, and if I was hot I could take them off :smile:
Reply 31
Acaila
We're not allowed to wear jeans for our exams :frown: Although I might risk it this year since I'll be leaving after them. I tend to wear loose trousers, t-shirt, jumpertype thing, and bring a jacket. My mum always advised me to take lots of layers in case I got too cold, and if I was hot I could take them off :smile:

:hello: hello Acaila
Have you decided on a uni?
Acaila

Well, duh! We were meant to wear uniform but I didn't. They weren't going to expell me were they? Prelims soon. Will I wear uniform? NO! (I am such a rebel). You know, my dad got expelled for not wearing uniform, so I suppose it could happen.....

How cool would that be? Get expelled, sit AH in basement/ open centre etc. Get 4 A1s, go to Cambridge and return only to tell heedie to **** off.

*Platinumki has now returned from the land of fantasy....*

I must go wash my hair. :smile:
Reply 33
usually i make my own clothes from revision guides the night before, works a treat :biggrin:. A little something like this http://www2.odn.ne.jp/air-me/news-paper-flat.gif
Reply 34
ponjavic
:hello: hello Acaila
Have you decided on a uni?

Nope not yet. I'm waiting til after my prelims to decide if I'm going to take a gap year or not.

Platinumki - I think they threaten to not let us sit the exam if we're wearing jeans but everything else is fine. My drama exam is the last one of the year at school I believe and there's only the three of us sitting it so I doubt we're going to be very serious about it :smile:
We wear school uniform, that's it.
Reply 36
All those with perspiration problems could wear a big sponge... :smile:
Reply 37
Elles
i, erm.. quite enjoy it. :biggrin:

kinky!
I don't wear anything special...I wear my normal school clothes..so a shirt or jumper and some trousers..
Reply 39
I like to wear either blue or green clothing. scientific studies show that the color green has a calming effect, while blue helps you remember things. Not sure if it works yet though.

Latest

Trending

Trending