The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Acaila
Nope not yet. I'm waiting til after my prelims to decide if I'm going to take a gap year or not.

Platinumki - I think they threaten to not let us sit the exam if we're wearing jeans but everything else is fine. My drama exam is the last one of the year at school I believe and there's only the three of us sitting it so I doubt we're going to be very serious about it :smile:

They can't make you not sit - it would be such bad press, for one.

LOCAL SCHOOL BANS TOP PUPIL FROM SITTING EXAM FOR NOT WEARING A TIE

The school would get you as a fail on their record they wouldn't like it. You have officially left school by the exams (or we have, anyway) - be a man. :biggrin:
Reply 41
I wear my regular school uniform *shirt and trousers* and wear my jacket if it was in jan I usually take it off during the exam along with my watch I found out that I feel miuch more comfortable if I took my watch and put it infront of me on the desk ,so I wear stuff under the school shirt so that I wont get cold
platinumki
They can't make you not sit - it would be such bad press, for one.

LOCAL SCHOOL BANS TOP PUPIL FROM SITTING EXAM FOR NOT WEARING A TIE

The school would get you as a fail on their record they wouldn't like it. You have officially left school by the exams (or we have, anyway) - be a man. :biggrin:

I actually read a headline in a local paper like that last year. A boy was wearing the wrong coloured trousers and the school made him go home and change before his science GCSE, so he only had very little time to do the exam.
Reply 43
the regulations:

official word as found on random college website
For women, this means a dark skirt or trousers, dark stockings and shoes or boots, a white blouse and a black ribbon...

Bezza
kinky!

evidently! & you can't expect me not to enjoy it.. :p:
Reply 44
No Future
I actually read a headline in a local paper like that last year. A boy was wearing the wrong coloured trousers and the school made him go home and change before his science GCSE, so he only had very little time to do the exam.

that is sooooo mean :mad: during my IGCSE a guy forgot his ID so they only give him some wornings and allowed him to do the rest of the exam :rolleyes:
Reply 45
I can't believe so many schools make you wear uniform during exams. It's so ridiculously unfair given that you'll probably do better if you're comfortable. :rolleyes:
No Future

Oh my GOD! You are kidding.

Acaila- I've changed my mind.

Wear the uniform. :eek:
Reply 47
Hehe :biggrin:
I won't wear uniform, but I don't know what I'll wear. It's a long way off still! {tries to convince herself that prelims are also a long way off despite starting on Tuesday}
And we don't leave until our last exam at the earliest. So I'll be leaving on the first of June :smile:
Acaila
Hehe :biggrin:
I won't wear uniform, but I don't know what I'll wear. It's a long way off still! {tries to convince herself that prelims are also a long way off despite starting on Tuesday}
And we don't leave until our last exam at the earliest. So I'll be leaving on the first of June :smile:

yes, yes, months til prelims

**LOUD SOBBING**
Reply 49
{pats pk on the back}
There there

I've been going around saying to everyone "It doesn't matter if you fail your prelims right?"
Reply 50
butterfly11
I would really like to know as i get really sweaty (or is it that I glow?). I was thinking of buying those sports clothes (climacool?) which take sweat away and keep you cool (think it was a mistake to wear jeans last time!)

eh? sweaty? waaaaaaa?
I STILL, in the sixth form, have to wear my school uniform- a grey skirt, white shirt, black blazer and blue tie. oh, and 'sensible' black shoes. :frown:
It tends to be freeeeezing in our hall... but I just wear jeans and a t-shirt or something. Unlike my friend Rachael, who plans her exam wardrobe to the very last detail and occasionally buys new things to supplement it!! Some of our exams are in the local museum this year though, and it's warmer there, so we might have to reconsider :smile:
A dark suit
Black socks
Black shoes
White shirt
White collar
White bow tie
Mortar board and gown

this isnt a joke btw...
Reply 54
No Future
Uniform....

same here
Reply 55
PublicSchoolAnn
Thong and cow boy hat

Now wouldn't that be the best exam sitting ever :biggrin:
Reply 56
Adhsur
I can't believe so many schools make you wear uniform during exams. It's so ridiculously unfair given that you'll probably do better if you're comfortable. :rolleyes:

Meh, uniform's not that uncomfortable. You do lessons etc in it every day, so it would be weird not to wear it for exams.
Reply 57
We have to wear uniform :frown: which sucks :frown: But last week we had a non-uniform day :smile: so i actually got to wear comfortable clothes for an exam!! :eek:
butterfly11
I would really like to know as i get really sweaty (or is it that I glow?). I was thinking of buying those sports clothes (climacool?) which take sweat away and keep you cool (think it was a mistake to wear jeans last time!)

if u get so hot y not wear a t shirt and thin skirt?

also, try 'mitchum' deoderant, anti perspirant for 48 hrs!!!!
a gimp suit

Latest