The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Uni. What is it like?

Hi

I have recieved an offer for Chemistry at imperial and was wondering what it is really like to go there in terms of studying, social life and just living in London. I would like to have a good social life with a decent amount of parties and am wondering what other people's experiences are like to go there
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

I have recieved an offer for Chemistry at imperial and was wondering what it is really like to go there in terms of studying, social life and just living in London. I would like to have a good social life with a decent amount of parties and am wondering what other people's experiences are like to go there

Congrats on getting an offer! I'm a first year biochemistry student. I cant offer much about the social life since I personally don't do a lot of partying/drinking, but I do know lots of people who go out clubbing multiple times a week. The night life in london is pretty good, and imperial having no social life is definitely a myth. However, the workload is intense and you can tell that most people come here to get a degree rather than for the university experience, ygm. If you want to get a first then I'd say you probably have to sacrifice some of the social life, but people aiming for a 2:1 can enjoy a good social life.
Living in London can be overwhelming, but I personally really love it. There is always stuff to do and places to go, so you will never get bored. It can be expensive, but with sensible lifestyle choices and the generous imperial bursary it is definitely manageable.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by FatYikes
Congrats on getting an offer! I'm a first year biochemistry student. I cant offer much about the social life since I personally don't do a lot of partying/drinking, but I do know lots of people who go out clubbing multiple times a week. The night life in london is pretty good, and imperial having no social life is definitely a myth. However, the workload is intense and you can tell that most people come here to get a degree rather than for the university experience, ygm. If you want to get a first then I'd say you probably have to sacrifice some of the social life, but people aiming for a 2:1 can enjoy a good social life.
Living in London can be overwhelming, but I personally really love it. There is always stuff to do and places to go, so you will never get bored. It can be expensive, but with sensible lifestyle choices and the generous imperial bursary it is definitely manageable.

Thanks alot for your reply. By intense workload, could you give you give me an idea of how intense? As in how much work you do per day/week. I do aim for a really good degree but would also like to experience a good bit of the uni life and have some fun while I'm doing so.
Tough.

There is a social life but most people study.

Workload is high.

Quick Reply

Latest