The Student Room Group

How can you tell if your pregnant..?

Me and my boyfriend use protection but one day we didn't. I mean we use protection after like a few minteus after but I think I'm pregnant..

I've been getting a lot of heartburns and i never usually do.. i've been eating more than usual. I feel like i may be pregnant but im not for sure. And i wont be able to take a test until after a few days and I can't tell if its a sign of pregnancy..
Best to get a blood test done at your GP practice or a sexual health clinic within the next 2 weeks.
Blood tests are generally more sensitive than a urine test.
You don't really start eating more than usual if you're a few days pregnant. The embryo would be smaller than a grain of sand at this point. If you're eating more, that has nothing to do with whether or not you're pregnant.

If you miss a period, take a test.
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend use protection but one day we didn't. I mean we use protection after like a few minteus after but I think I'm pregnant..

I've been getting a lot of heartburns and i never usually do.. i've been eating more than usual. I feel like i may be pregnant but im not for sure. And i wont be able to take a test until after a few days and I can't tell if its a sign of pregnancy..

Until you do a pregnancy test you won't know for sure if you are pregnant or not.
You only have one window of opportunity to get pregnant each month and that's usually in your ovalation days and then nothing....... Did you do the deeds in this timeframe as if so you running the risk of getting pregnant.

When to do a pregnancy test.....
You should wait to take a pregnancy test until the week after your missed period for the most accurate result. If you don't want to wait until you've missed your period, you should wait at least one to two weeks after you had sex. If you are pregnant, your body needs time to develop detectable levels of HCG.

Some Classic signs and symptoms of pregnancy.....
Missed period. If you're in your childbearing years and a week or more has passed without the start of an expected menstrual cycle, you might be pregnant. ...
Tender, swollen breasts. ...
Nausea with or without vomiting. ...
Increased urination. ...
Fatigue.

Blood tests...
They can pick up hCG earlier in a pregnancy than urine tests can. Blood tests can tell if you are pregnant about six to eight days after you ovulate. Doctors use two types of blood tests to check for pregnancy: Quantitative blood test (or the beta hCG test) measures the exact amount of hCG in your blood
How accurate is blood pregnancy test.....
The results of most blood pregnancy tests take at least a couple of days. The laboratory then advises the doctor of the result. Blood test results are about 99 per cent accurate and can detect lower amounts of hCG than urine pregnancy tests.

Let's know what happens when you do a pregnancy test...??
A registered midwife.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You don't really start eating more than usual if you're a few days pregnant. The embryo would be smaller than a grain of sand at this point. If you're eating more, that has nothing to do with whether or not you're pregnant.

If you miss a period, take a test.

well it's been 2-3 weeks since that day thought-
Original post by Anonymous
well it's been 2-3 weeks since that day thought-

Ok it's the size of a pinhead now then if you're pregnant.

You wouldn't be eating more.

I've had four kids. I know a little about being pregnant.

Quick Reply

Latest