The Student Room Group

bank basically lost my application

i'm literally so vexed right now

applied to a bank for Transaction Banking back in November, they got back to me saying I was successful and would have an assessment centre in February/March. didn't hear back until APRIL when they said they'd get back to me again today regarding my assessment centre date

I replied to the original email saying i was still interested. and then i get an email today saying they haven't heard anything from me and if they don't heard back by the 25th, they're withdrawing my application. like what?!?!

to make matters worse, i looked on linkedin and found out people who applied much later have already had assessment centres and have been extended offers.

like what gives?! i've rejected other positions waiting for this assessment centre because i really wanted to work here, but they're acting as if they've lost my application, and aren't even responding to anything. now i won't have anything for the summer in terms of internships. >:frown:
Their HR team and internship team are separate apparently, and no one is ever on the internship team's phone-lines ... I've spoken to HR twice but they've just said that they don't know if they can do much because they're separate teams.

If they lost my emails and messages the first couple of times, I really don't have much confidence that they'll even honour the 25th April thing either. This is just stressing me out so much now because I was really banking on securing this internship, and it's gut wrenching that there's not much I can do anymore at this stage.
Did you reach out to them before Feb/March?

Honestly rejecting other positions to do an AC is a super dumb move. You could always renege.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anonuser99
Did you reach out to them before Feb/March?

Honestly rejecting other positions to do an AC is a super dumb move. You could always renege.

All good now. They reached out personally and apologized for their mistake (emails got lost on their end), and they confirmed I would be doing an AC. Unfortunately, the Head Office positions for large corporates have already had AC's, and I've seen far less qualified candidates on LinkedIn having secured positions there, whilst they didn't even invite me to them. But any experience is good experience!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending